• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Innings of the Week - 4th-11th Feb

Innings of the week.

• D J Reekers 104 vs Ireland

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Kumar Sangakkara 110 vs India

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Paul Collingwood 120* vs Australia

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • Paul Collingwood 106 vs New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jacques Kallis 88* vs Pakistan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Here goes, just vote for what you feel was teh innigs of the week. A few hundreds, and a couple of vital half centuries, but I have a feeling I know where this ones going.

Ive based it on the following

. How the innings affected the result
. The percentage of the team total
. The pace of the runs scored (The Dutch fellow in particular)
. How high the batsmans score is, obviously
.The quality of your team, their form and all that.
. And the quality of the opposition, their form, and all that.

Last edited:

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
It's obviously Kallis' against Pakistan. 8-)
:laugh:

Hey.... shut up. im just trying to provide some nice relief here, and all you can do is bitch, huh? I think we all know its going to get the liberal democrats treatment (No one will vote, and it doesnt really matter if they do vote)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Well seeing as I've already proclaimed Sir Paul Collingwood's effort as the single greatest piece of batsmanship, nay, artwork to grace this earth since Michaelangelo put the finishing touches to the Sistine Chapel, I don't have much option.

Sangakkara's was scored in the subcontinent on a flat track in the first innings without pressure against a weak bowling attack missing its best bowlers, those who did play were out of form anyway, and he was hugely lucky to get past nought anyway as his first scoring shot was a big thick edge down through where a fielder should have been.

Steulen

International Regular
Finally a chance for blind patriotism. What an innings, off 83 balls no less against the might of the Irish new ball bowlers.

Mind, Collingwood had a few nice ones this week as well.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
disapointing Rehman's 0 off 18 against SA didnt make it, takes some skill to be that bad...

pasag

RTDAS
If you're going to do it every week maybe make it public and also maybe include bowlers as well. Just a suggestion. Think Dravid had this idea before, can't remember. It's a good idea imo.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Yeah, as soon as I posted the thread, I thought bugger, i haven't made it public... but tune in next week, because for the first time, the poll results will become ... PUBLIC.

Other installments may include innings of the month, and innings of the year, or would that be doing too much?

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
All in favour of declaring Collingwood the winner right now? It is a bit of a no-brainer, I know.