• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara 2007 Demo Details

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Demo will be released it little under an hours time (11.00am GMT)… Can not wait! (Sad ****)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Played the demo today.

The animation is much better this time around, although the eyes are horrific. It says at the start of the demo that the game is still just 90% done, so I'm happy to hear that.

More players' reactions this time around. A bit like EA sports but not so over the top, thus much better IMO.

Sounds are nice.

Pitch texture looks good from what I could tell. You can see grass/dirt in the air after the ball lands, which is a nice touch.

They seem to have reduced the amount of swing you can put on the ball so its not so ridiculous like last time. The delivery speeds don't vary as much as they did last time around, though McGrath did bowl one at 50 MPH and followed it up by a 90 MPH delivery. It only happened once though.

Boundaries are harder to hit. I timed the ball damn near perfect and still got caught.

Camera angles are a bit different and weird at times, but they're a nice change. Replays after every delivery, though you can turn them off.

A couple of bugs I noticed from the get go. The wicket keeper still takes the bails off every time after the return throw when the batsman has been standing there forever. Whats worse is that the umpire actually considers it before denying it. Some of the run out decisions that are referred to the 3rd umpire are ridiculous as before.

The fielding meter does a bit more now. Now the keeper will actually drop the ball from the return throw if you don't get it right, and there is the option of throwing it to the other end as well, though I haven't tried it.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Like this one alot more than the last one... and all the EA ones.....

The camera angles are far better done than in any of the other games.....

I dont know this game just seems to have alot better "Scale" than any of the others..

jammay123

State 12th Man
ive downloaded it on two different pc's but both times when i press enter to start the gemplay it exits and says there is a error. anyone had this problem?or is my computers just ****e and i need an upgrade