• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thursday 10th May - 1st ODI - Mirpur
Saturday 12th May - 2nd ODI - Mirpur
Tuesday 15th May - 3rd ODI - Chittagong

Friday 18th to Tuesday 22nd May - 1st Test - Chittagong
Friday 25th to Tuesday 29th May - 2nd Test - Mirpur

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Thursday 10th May - 1st ODI - Mirpur
Saturday 12th May - 2nd ODI - Mirpur
Tuesday 15th May - 3rd ODI - Chittagong

Friday 18th to Tuesday 22nd May - 1st Test - Chittagong
Friday 25th to Tuesday 29th May - 2nd Test - Mirpur
Bangladesh might win only one ODI. Why? Even though the hosts have lately become somewhat of a home-tiger, India have the edge playing on similar soil and by far have a better batting lineup which plays good in the sub-continent :huh:!!!!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I know it's a bit early, but I thought I'd create it to give Indian fans something useful to talk about rather than bitching and moaning in the WC section. :p

I think this tour will be very interesting actually, and potentially very important for both teams. It'll be interesting to see if Bangladesh can sustain their improvement over a more long-term basis, and most importantly, see how guys like Saqibul actually do at test level.

It's also important for India to get back on track, and there's the whole revenge factor and all.

Quite excited about the tests really.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bangladesh might win only one ODI. Why? Even though the hosts have lately become somewhat of a home-tiger, India have the edge playing on similar soil and by far have a better batting lineup which plays good in the sub-continent :huh:!!!!!
Bangladesh might be well advised to prepare fast bouncy wickets then! :p

Seriously, the ODIs could go either way I guess but I'm actually thinking India 3-0 in three fairly close affairs.

I have no idea how the tests will pan out though - will be interesting to see if Desh are competitive in them.

Craig

World Traveller
*Turbinator mode*

"Mighty Team India will crush Bangladesh in both series and it won't be a contest. Look out for a big 200 in one of the ODIs to Dhoni and Sreesanth will bowl India to glory".

This will show India is the best team in the world"

*Exit Turbinator mode*

Crappy I know :p

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it's a bit early, but I thought I'd create it to give Indian fans something useful to talk about rather than bitching and moaning in the WC section. :p
Haha, thank you, alright the 100-200 of us get your asses in here ;).

*Turbinator mode*

"Mighty Team India will crush Bangladesh in both series and it won't be a contest. Look out for a big 200 in one of the ODIs to Dhoni and Sreesanth will bowl India to glory".

This will show India is the best team in the world"

*Exit Turbinator mode*

Crappy I know :p
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

But honestly, just because India had one lousy day and lost to Bangladesh, doesn't mean we'll have a lousy time in this series as well. Is possible, but very very very unlikely. :p

Anyways, yea the whole revenge thing comes into play as well, look for India to play to their full potential...

ODIs: 3-0 India
Tests: 1-0 India

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
With the same current team and formations India to get their rear end kicked. I am willing to join the bandwagon of SS from here onwards.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been interesting to see how Bangladesh go in the Test matches, I'm expecting/ hoping Habibul Bashar and Mohammad Rafique will continue playing international cricket after the World Cup so they would both be available. Rajin Saleh, Mohammad Ashraful and Shahriar Nafees will have to score big runs if Bangladesh are in with a shot of knocking over India. Hopefully Javed Omar makes way for a younger opener like Tamim Iqbal who has had an excellent start to his First Class career, the bowling attack will be fairly predictable with Rafique, Mortaza, Razzaq and Hossain likely to be the lineup. Expecting Mushfiqur Rahim to take the gloves off Khaled Mashud aswell.

cricman

International 12th Man
Early useless predictions, this is going to be a really pressure packed series for India considering what happened in the WC. I'll go for the upsets

ODI 2-1, Bangladesh
Test Series 1-1

If the Indian fans didn't jump off Bridges after the WC they just may do it after this series. In honestly it could go 3-0/2-0 India but I have hope for this new generation in the Test arena.

Nafees, Tamim, Bashar, Ashraful, Sakib, Rajin, Rahim, Rafique,Enam jr, Mashrafe, Shahadat.

I just left out Razzak, Aftab and Rasel. It be Intresting to see who'll play in the test Series beacuse IMO Razzak just doesn't have the Stamina and Aftab just may not be Test Material. Plus i wouldn't be surprised if a 20/20 wasn't added into schedule

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Not revenge but partial redemption.
Tendular/Dravid/Ganguly while on paper a most impressive bunch, will go down in ODI history pretty badly at the moment. Can salvage a little bit of pride with an utterly clean sweep in BD.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Early useless predictions, this is going to be a really pressure packed series for India considering what happened in the WC. I'll go for the upsets

ODI 2-1, Bangladesh
Test Series 1-1

If the Indian fans didn't jump off Bridges after the WC they just may do it after this series. In honestly it could go 3-0/2-0 India but I have hope for this new generation in the Test arena.

Nafees, Tamim, Bashar, Ashraful, Sakib, Rajin, Rahim, Rafique,Enam jr, Mashrafe, Shahadat.

I just left out Razzak, Aftab and Rasel. It be Intresting to see who'll play in the test Series beacuse IMO Razzak just doesn't have the Stamina and Aftab just may not be Test Material. Plus i wouldn't be surprised if a 20/20 wasn't added into schedule
Rajin should definitely bat either 3 or 4 IMO - Ashraful should be at 6.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not revenge but partial redemption.
Tendular/Dravid/Ganguly while on paper a most impressive bunch, will go down in ODI history pretty badly at the moment. Can salvage a little bit of pride with an utterly clean sweep in BD.
I seriously doubt whether Tendulkar and Ganguly will go down as bad ODI players, infact they are two of the best ever. Dravid, while not as good as thse two is still right up there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Definately, I would have Rajin Saleh at 3, Habibul Bashar at 4, Mohammad Ashraful at 5 and then Aftab Ahmed at 6.
I'd certainly be playing Saqibul. He's done well in ODI cricket thus far and looks to have a very good technique.