• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Well, the new Wisden is out...

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Yes I am - no surprise its a cracking book though - I say there are three certainties in like - death, taxes and Wisden being a great read. I guessed four of the five cricketers of the Year at the end of last summer - went for Bell instead of Collingwood. Actually a thought has just struck me - of the 12 England players that played in the 2005 Ashes only Bell (who I reckon wil get this award in the future) and G Jones(who probably won't) have not yet been a cricketer of the Year - its as common an honour as the MBE!
btw, I reckon Matthew Engel deserves a Greigy. "The idea they can provide serious opposiistion for a genuine Test team is ludicous" he wrote in last year's Wisden He was talking about Scotland and Ireland. D'oh!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd love to know what the complete series of wisden books in good nick would be worth on e-bay

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
now that would be worth a few bob? doubt there are many 144 year old copies around though!!

Exactly, thats why i would be interested in what the entire set would be worth. Great collectors item, if you had the ping of course

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd love to know what the complete series of wisden books in good nick would be worth on e-bay
I seem to recall the 19th-century books alone are worth £100,000s, and there are over 30 of them.

Copies back to the 1950s aren't that hard to get your hands on - I've got my eye on a set back to the middle of last century as a realistic goal.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Ordered mine today direct from Wisden... but there are none left in stock. Always one of the best moments of the year, when that brown parcel arrives.