• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 World Cup fixtures

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I honestly see myself struggling to take any real interest.

Are we planning on a separate forum, or just a real, real big thread?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Format looks dreadfully like overkill to me. This tournament needs the pressure of knock-out: groups, quarter finals, semis, final.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Super 8s two groups of four thing seems a bit crappy and contrived (to provide the right number of games) to me.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it should have been 4 groups of 4 (ie 16 teams) personally, top two through and straight knockout from there. Similar to football World Cups.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
On that note - I notice you've dropped the bit of your sig. :(

I know it's out of mine at the moment, but that's only temporary, while I'm honouring Bob.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yah, no bother, I got the screenshot.

We got me, 16toS, sp713, Volty, SJS, Dasa, Clapo, Natman20, Rob, FRAZ, Matt79, Fuller, The Sean, Turb and Linda. Not a bad subscription, ITBT.

pup11

International Coach
Its ok to have a 20twenty game once in a while as its good fun, but a 20twenty WC is not something that would interest me.

I$C$C$ {© Richard} is just trying to make some big bucks by holding such a tournament, but i don't think i would go down as a huge success.

Aussies or Saffies to win it with ease IMO.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Its ok to have a 20twenty game once in a while as its good fun, but a 20twenty WC is not something that would interest me.

I$C$C$ {© Richard} is just trying to make some big bucks by holding such a tournament, but i don't think i would go down as a huge success.

Aussies or Saffies to win it with ease IMO.
Nah, just watch, India will :D. Dhoni, Sehwag, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Yuvraj... All gonna' enjoy themselves out there ;).

LA ICE-E

State Captain
i think its fine...but they shouldn't try to make it long though..the format of cricket it self is short and so its tournament should relfect it too...

people doubted the world cup in the beggeining to but now look where its at...20/20wc will be something like that but ct has to go though...also twenty20 should be then limited at international level or the success of domestic cricket wouldn't be there anymore...so having the 20/20 wc is fine, its like rugby sevens wc but otherwise 20/20 should be cut down a little in international level.

FRAZ

International Captain
Yah, no bother, I got the screenshot.

We got me, 16toS, sp713, Volty, SJS, Dasa, Clapo, Natman20, Rob, FRAZ, Matt79, Fuller, The Sean, Turb and Linda. Not a bad subscription, ITBT.
Richard I demand the society meating and I want to represent the society's case ...