• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach 2007 Announced

cpr

International Coach
Look forward to this. Didnt really give it a go last year, too much needed ironing out IMO. Potential was there, but like all new games, needed a fair bit of engine tweaking. However i reckon this'll knock ICC off its perch for me this year. Cant wait.

I am worried however that it seems to borrow, looks wise, from others too much. I know the person who originally did the graphics started out doing FM skins, but the game REALLY looks like FM does, can also see a fair few bits of ITC in there n all. I know there isnt exactly many ways to display games like this, so similarities are inevitable, but is there not a slight worry someone might turn round and say 'Hang on, thats too similar' (from what i know of SI games, it'd be unlikely they did, but the potential is there i reckon)

Still, looking forward to it

OrsonWelles

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i had the same thoughts as you Cpr when I saw it. Looked very similar to FM. However, I think thats only a bad thing in terms of copyright and trademark. If a cricket game came closer to the realism and depth of FM, I would be very happy.

Hopefully this kocks off ICC, makes a ton of money and shows you can be successful making more than just data updates.

Nishant

International 12th Man
i had the same thoughts as you Cpr when I saw it. Looked very similar to FM. However, I think thats only a bad thing in terms of copyright and trademark. If a cricket game came closer to the realism and depth of FM, I would be very happy.

Hopefully this kocks off ICC, makes a ton of money and shows you can be successful making more than just data updates.
ive never actually played this game b4...always played the ICC one. I looked at the screenshots and they looked alright TBH...but as u said...hopefully it gives good competition to the ICC one so that we can get good, updated games every yr..

OrsonWelles

Thanks for the demo James.

Question to everyone else. Has anyone been able to get onto the Cricket Coach forums lately? I posted there about a week ago, but havent been able to access them since. Any help?

As for the game, it looks great. I would love to play this game. ICC is shockingly poor and cricket fans need a good managerial game. What I want to see in just one game is all-time records and your ability to change them. I mean having the highest Test scores by an individual, and if your players makes more, he goes into that table. Never seen it done yet,

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
ICC isn't shockingly poor, it was a lot better than the first Cricket Coach.

Hopefully this one is as good as it seems in the media releases. :)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
looks ok may hav eto give it a better chance than last time. when does it hit ozzie stores anyone?

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
Question to everyone else. Has anyone been able to get onto the Cricket Coach forums lately? I posted there about a week ago, but havent been able to access them since. Any help?
They should return in the near future. As far as I'm aware there were problems when upgrading the server.

I mean having the highest Test scores by an individual, and if your players makes more, he goes into that table. Never seen it done yet,
These are all in Cricket Coach 2007 - records such as highest individual scores, fastest 50's etc can all be beaten.

Isura

U19 Captain
Looks like they have improved the interface, especially during the match. This was the one thing that kept me from not enjoying cricket coach 2006.

OrsonWelles

Thanks for the info Glen. Looking forward to the game, it looks like it will be fun.

When I say ICC is shockingly poor, I can explain by saying I bought ICC 2001, and then ICC 2006. And apart from some minor graphical changes and a data update, there was NO DIFFERENCE.

That is shockingly poor from a game company to do no updates in five years. Its more disappointing than anything else, but hopefully Cricket Coach 2007 can be an ICC killer.

OrsonWelles

I know that has been discussed in other areas on the forum, and I think its pretty clear that part of the problem is funding is low, but the other part is that they know they have a hardcore audience who is going to keep buying it whatever they put out. They put a few new names in, slap on a new cover, get some cricketers to endorse it and voila, the money rolls in.

And if there has been no funding for five years, how can they manufacture, distribute and advertise the games? Why is there a marketing budget but no development budget? They still have the money to do statistical upgrades, why not put in a few new features like what I was saying before, a Test record table? Or ODI record table? Or even national teams ODI records?

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
I assume you're aware that they had all funding removed in that period, thus making any development a tad unviable?
Removing my development hat here, I'm afraid I disagree with that to an extent. When you take into account the income that was generated from some of those games, I am scratching my head as it would allow at least one programmer to work full time for a year on a decent salary. I think Chris opted to do a masters degree in the gap between 2002 and 2005's release, so that is probably a reason for the lack in development over that period.

However, that is neither here nor there. I'm looking forward to playing ICC3 as from what I've seen so far in adverts it looks a decent game. Our title is pretty incomparable to Empire's anyway - their budgets for securing the endorsement of Pietersen probably outweighs our entire budget. Cricket Coach is in retail as a budget title whereas ICC is a full price title.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Didn't the game initially come out from Empire, who then pulled out?

Surely the income went to Empire, not the programmers?

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
Didn't the game initially come out from Empire, who then pulled out?

Surely the income went to Empire, not the programmers?
Childish Thing's records at Companies House suggests otherwise - but as I say it is neither here nor there. The important thing is that cricket fans have more than one title to choose from. My main opinion here is that people shouldn't compare the two (although comparisons will no doubt be made).

Last edited:

OrsonWelles

You make some good points Glenn. As I said, it seems that they probably didnt have a massive budget to develop, but they were also having money coming in without doing updates, so why bother with them?

Its not just in ICC, you find it everywhere. In games and in movies. Companies produce sequels that provide no real development or update, they are just the same game or movie again. And consumers pay money for it, so it keeps going.

I am not paying money for ICC again, as I have 2006 and unless I hear there is going to be a massive update, I wont waste my money. However, I am very interested in Cricket Coach 2007. I love management games, and I am constantly playing Football Manager 2007.

Will it be available in Australia? Or will I have to order online.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Will this release be the same as the last as in downloadable and then using that program to buy it?

For some reason i had issues with that that could not be resolved and was relegated to ordering the CD which was the inferior version and not updateable. I would hope that that will not be the case this time.