• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bob Woolmer 'was not murdered'

pasag

RTDAS
BBC
Foxsports
Cricinfo

Been all over the news now. Really this was a colossal and idiotic muck up by the Jamaican police. And you really have to feel sorry for Woolmer's widow family and friends. And the Pakistani cricket team who were treated like implied suspects and the victims of suspicion, rumours and innuendo all because of the hastiness and incompetence of the local police.

Also I think alot of people now have egg on their face with alot of comments made after the death both by the media, on the forum, especially with the dire conspiracy theories that went on at the time. Innocent until proven guilty is a basic part of our society, but that seemed to go out the window with some.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Gr8 news especially for the family I hope they sue Jamican police for the muck up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, just shocking all round really. From the moment of his death, and all the theories and accusations etc. Just one of cricket's darkest hours.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The papers had a field day with the Woolmer "Murder" The conspiraciy theories like you said were completely dire they completely forgot about woolmers family who are without a Father and husband. The press wouldn't give it a rest with "It was the mafia!" Or " It was a player!" They wanted him to die terribly so that they could have a story so people would bye there idiot papers it's a ****ing disgrase.
That's the tabloid press for you. They really couldn't give a **** about whether they upset people's family's and the like, all they care about is circulation numbers, and I doubt whether it will ever change.

cover drive man

International Captain
The papers had a field day with the Woolmer "Murder" The conspiraciy theories like you said were completely dire they completely forgot about woolmers family who are without a Father and husband. The press wouldn't give it a rest with "It was the mafia!" Or " It was a player!" They wanted him to die terribly so that they could have a story so people would buy there idiot papers it's a ****ing disgrase. If he was murderd than it would be a horrible part of the history of cricket. But it's not great news there was still a terrible accident, but I'm glad it wasn't murder. It was also a absoloutely terrible investigation by the police .

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
What a pathetic job of investigating this by the Jamaican police! I can't even imagine what they put Woolmer's family through. Two people that I hope lose their jobs on this are Mark Shields, the lead investigator, and that original pathologist that declared the death as unnatural.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Mark is probably going to lose this job. it put a dark shadow over the cwc as well but more over think how much harder it made it for his family.

howardj

International Coach
How utterly ridiculous do all those cricket journalists and many punters on here look, who put forward the absolutely made-up theory that he was murdered by match fixers! "Oh he just had to be as he was the coach of Pakistan".

Craig

World Traveller
And ACA's reporting creditibility just goes further down the drain, if it is possible of course.