• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand appoint new manager (version 2) using icc06

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand board and cricket association have today announced the shock appointment of young unknown manager and coach Bugsy Malone. In what seems a very contrversial appointment John Bracewell has been sacked effective immediately as Rob (Bugsy) Malone comes in with youth and a willing to win. Hist first test will be a against a strong Indian side at home in new zealand in 6 one day internationals and 2 test matches.

The board have come ouyt and gave the new manager ther ecomplete backing and are looking forward to a long and properous relationship with the young aussie coach.

Press confrence from Rob Malone shortly.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Very happy to have been given the opportunity to manage and coach such a wonderful and talented bunch of guys. Our first real test is January against the champions in australia but i feel we have a strong bunch of guys so we can and hopefully come away with a solid performance, building up to the world cup. Thanks guys and will have more for you in the following days!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand v NSW

New Zealand board and cricket association have today announced the shock appointment of young unknown manager and coach Bugsy Malone. In what seems a very controversial appointment John Bracewell has been sacked effective immediately as Rob (Bugsy) Malone comes in with youth and a willing to win. Hist first test will be a against a strong Australian side away in Australia in a tri nations tournament with england.

The board have come out and gave the new manager their complete backing and are looking forward to a long and prosperous relationship with the young Aussie coach.

Press conference from Rob Malone shortly.

Very happy to have been given the opportunity to manage and coach such a wonderful and talented bunch of guys. Our first real test is January against the champions in Australia but i feel we have a strong bunch of guys so we can and hopefully come away with a solid performance, building up to the world cup. Thanks guys and will have more for you in the following days!

Bugs Malone squad was announced after there last training session in a remote location away from the media. The NZ times where the only media crew allowed and we have the exclusive on the 18 man squad to tour down under in the next day or so.

The Squad is as follows:
S Flemming (c), P Fulton, C Mcmillian, M Sinclair, N Astle, J Oram, J Ryder, L Vincent, C Harris, B McCullum, K Mills, D Vettori, J Franklin, T Canning, S Bond, A Adams, D Tuffey I O'Brien....
:

New Zealand v NSW
Venue: Gabba
Toss: Won by New Zealand
Decision: Bat

Squads:
NZ: L Vincnet, S Flemming, C Mcmillian, N Astle, P Fulton, J Oram, J Ryder, B MCCullum, D Vettori, J Franklin, S Bond.

NSW: G Mail, M Clarke, E Cowan, S Katich, B Haddin, A Obrien, B Lee, G Lambert, S Clarke, S Macgill, G Mcgrath.

Mcgrath and Clarke opened up for NSW. The two openers got off to a nice start but when some poor running cost vincent his wicket nsw got the early break through. vincent run out for 7 (15), new zealand 1 - 19.
After the first 10 overs New Zealand had moved to 1 - 37. Flemming and Mcmillian started to open up and when lee come on, they took a little to him. After the 2nd power play had finished New Zealand had reached 1 - 65 of 15 overs, steadying the ship nicely.Macgill was also bought into the attack, in what was looking like an Australian test bowling attack.Macgill got a wicket with his first ball when skipper S Flemming come down the wicket and missed it completely and was stumped. all the momentum was gone.Flemming gone for 33(49), in comes astle. 2 overs later macgill then picked up Mcmillian for 26(36) and New Zealand had slumped to be 3 - 73 of 17 overs and loosing quick wickets in a power play.P Fulton was next to the middle and these guys needed to consolidate. Astle went an over later and Stewy Mcgill was just riipiing through the New Zealand middle order.Oram then met fulton out in the middle and sith still 29 overs to go they really needed to settle down.Oram went 2 balls later and New Zealand struggling at 5 - 82.Macgill struck again and when fulton went for 7(26) New Zealand where introuble.Ryder come out and put Macgill over the fence for 6 but next over was clean bowled by lambert for 14(24). B McCullum and Vettori played well and got New Zealand into a position that they may be able to defend. New Zealand finished up on 7 - 177. McCullum 32*(79) & Vittori 39*(60).
If they bowl well they may make this a tough chase for NSW.S Macgill finished with 5-23 and bowled really well.
**********************************************Lunch Time*********************************************​

Nsw Innings
J Franklin opened up for New Zealand and bolwed really well with a maiden for the first over.The NSW batsmen then took to bond and franklin and where picking up boundaries at will, until bond struck with a good catch from ryder Mail was gone for 12(21). Nsw 1 - 30.The NSW batsmen dominated and E Cowan and M Clarke really took to the bowling and where doing it easy and when young rookie Ryder picked up Cowan for 45(106). NSW 2 - 161 of 40 overs. Nsw Batted well and did what they needed to do and won by 8 wickets. M Clarke finished with 105*(144). a good win for NSW and not the start the new Black caps manager was after. They do have a few days before there first one day game against the Aussies so it will be nets and training for the boys.

New Zealand 7 - 177
D Vittori 39* S Macgill 5 - 23
S Flemming 33

NSW 2 - 178
M Clarke 105* J Ryder 1 - 30
E Cowan 45

M:O:M: S Macgill

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia v New Zealand
Toss: New Zealand
Decision: Bat
Ground: Gabba

Welcome to all here at this marvelous ground. The first tri-angular game between Australia, England & New Zealand in what should be fantastic competition. First up today we have the world champs v there friendly neighbours in the black caps.

Lets go down to Ian Botham for the pitch report

Yes thanks Ritchie, this pitch looks in great condition. Its nice and hard and looks like a great batting pitch. Not much grass although i do think that if the bowlers show some good consistency and make the batsmen play in the area of uncertainty they may get a few early break through s however if i was to win the toss i would have batted first.
I haver the captains with me lets get there responses to the toss.
BothamFlemming you won it and decided to bat happy with that mate.
Flemming yer look we are happy, it looks a good pitch and we really need to get of to a great start and set it up for the boys in the latter stages,
obviously not an easy task against this quality side but we know we can do it it will be a great game
BothamRicky mate your thoughts
Rickyyer mate we would have batted first if we won the toss so not to disappointed. pitch looks good so we will just have to show good discipline early and make em play in those dangerous areas but yer we looking forward to a good game.
Bothamwell there you have it from me down here guys, both captains rather happy and we are about to start in ten minutes, back you you in the central commentary position.
Thanks ian know lets have a look at the 2 sides.

New Zealand
L Vincent, S Flemming (c), N Astle, P Fulton, C McMillian, J Oran, J Ryder, B McCullum, D Vittori, J Franklin, S Bond.

Australia
M Hussey, M Hayden, R Ponting (c) , P Jaques, M Clarke, S Watson, A Gilchrist, B Lee, S Warne, N Braken, J Gillespie

Ok out come the players and the umpires so lets get down to the action.J Gillespie is to bowl the first over and Bracken will bowl at the other end. New Zealand had moved to 36 without loss until flemming gave Hussey an easy catch and Gillespie picks up the first wicket. New Zealand 1 - 36 of 8.

N Astle settled in nicely and warne was given the ball, and picked up L Vincent with a lovely caught nd bowled. New Zealand 2 - 47 after 11.

That wicket pushes New Zealand back a little and wont want to loose any more with astle and new comer Fulton at the crease.

The boys where really moving along nicely until watson got the break through and Fulton was out for 21(36), New Zealand 3 - 100 in the 24th over.Astle was looking the goods unbeaten on 36. C Mcmillian was bought into join astle, could he create one of his fine quick knocks. lets have a look.McMillian in his next 6 balls hit 4 fours to get the run rate going and ricky ponting thinking. End of the 25th over New Zealand where starting to show good signs at 3 - 117.The 27th over the umpire had an absolute shocker giving Mcmillian out lbw to gillespie bowling over the wicket. When we look closer at hawkeye it shows it was clearly not out. Dissapointing end to mcmillian 18(10) and looked the goods.

In the 37th over Astle brought up his 50, a well played knock

Oram fell in the 37th over for a suspect lbw decision, New Zealand where 5 - 154. Astle had a lot of pressure on his shoulders.Lee to astle, BOWLED him, great ball from lee, poor shot from astle, New Zealand 6 - 168 astle gone for 56(98), lee with his usual celebration

Watson and lee then went through the tail and left Ryder all alone on 19*(30). New Zealand all out in the 45th over for 192
A poor finish to what looked like they where setting up for something big.
********************lunch**********************

Lets get into the Aussie innings.
Hussey and Hayden opened up whilst Franklin and Bond took the new pill.New Zealand had no answers to the onslaught of hussey and hayden. They both played some remarkable shots all over the ground, and when oram got the breakthrough in the 28th over australia where doing it comfortably at 1 - 133. Hayden still there on 71*(99). Hussey gone for 59(77).

Ponting took off where hussey left us and he and Hayden got the total with 9 wickets and 7 overs to spare. a comfortable win for the home side and a wake up call to the new manager of the black caps, if this keeps up it could be a long summer down under.

New Zealand 192 ao
N Astle 56 S Watson 4 - 36
L Vincent 27 S Warne 2 - 30

Australia 1 - 193
M Hayden 95* J Oram 1 - 46
M HUssey 59

M:O:M: S Watson

We Interview The all blacks captain after the game.
Ian Botham: mate not exactly what you had in mind.? yer mate we where going along nicely but just lost too many wickets close together and had no momentum. to there credit, Australia bowled the lines and channels and we just didn't show enough discipline. There where 2 poor decisions however we wont go there, especially when they happened, really crucial times, But mate we will move on from this and get things moving forward. Along way to go in this tournament.
and the table looks like this

New Zealands next match is against England on the 15th of January(which is Tomorrow)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Welcome to the waca for todays very important one game between New Zealand & England. In a big game for both teams we anticipate a great contest today, england on top of the table after there first game win over the Aussies and New Zealand trying to recover after yesterdays big loss to the Aussies. New Zealand have made some wholesome changes to there starting eleven and we will get into that a little later but first lets go down to Ian Botham to have a look at the pitch and weather.

Thanks guys, i am down here on the wicket and its the wicket they used not long ago for the 4 day trial game here and i can say it looks like Giles and Vittori will get early use on this one. Don't think there will be much in it for the seamer's but it looks slow and low with a lot of turn. The weather is overcast but light is good.Outfield is good and i think we will have a good game. If i won the toss i would probably bat first and get the runs on the board.
Lets do the toss. Steve you call, HEADS is the call and its tails. England have decided to bowl first.
Yer look not too disappointed about loosing the toss and batting first. i was going to bowl first also, but hey we just have to bat well and get a solid total on the score and defend it later today.Looking forward to the challenge.Bothama few changes mate,
(flemming)Yer mate we made a couple of changes, with Tuffey over his little bug and coming in for franklin and A Adams in for Ryder just to give us a little more experience in the later overs.
(Botham) and england, Vaughan mate how are you guys today for this big game? Mate we are good, had some good net sessions, and are looking forward to this tough game. We had a good win against the Aussies so we are trying to take momentum forward from game to game so.

New Zealand

L Vincent, S Flemming (c), N Astle, P Fulton, C Mcmillian, J Oram, A Adams, B McCullum, D Vittori, S Bond, D Tuffey.

England
M Trescothick, A Strauss, K Pietersen, O shah, M Vaughan (c), A Flintoff, M Prior, A Giles, R Kirtley A Davies, S Harmison.

Well the players are walking out to the middle lets get down to the action.
Vincent and Flemming are opening up with harmison getting the first over. Vincent GONE for a Duck
, bowled 2nd ball by harmison. New Zealand all ready on the back foot. Not the start they would have wanted. Flemming and astle then both punch Fours and look in good touch early and when Harmison picked up Astle with a straight forward catch to silly mid on, New Zealand in all sorts @ 2 - 8. Fulton in and gone 2 balls later for a

and New Zealand have no answer at the moment. Flemming watching them fall like flies, New Zealand 3 - 8. Flemming & Mcmillian where left with the slow RE building process, and where doing a fantastic job tacking the score to 3 - 53 of 15 overs, when ashley Giles was bought into the attack and for some stupid reason Mcmillian went after him straight away and was stumped for 29(50). New Zealand 4 - 53.
That bought out J Oram out into the middle

Oram and Flemming started to go along nicely and got the score closer to 100 but Kirtley struck and took oram for 22(48)

A Adams was in next. could he hang around with his skipper to get some sort of score to defend.With ten overs to go Flemming and Adams put the foot down as much as they could and worked themselves towards 200, Flemming bought his 50 up of (112) and they where looking good.

New Zealand fought back well to reach 6 - 180 of there 50 overs considering at one stage they where 3 - 8 and 5 - 95. Flemming played well for an unbeaten 79*(147) & Adams a well played 34(50). Its a target that england will have to get and if New Zealand's bowlers can get a few early break through s you just never know. The pick of the england bowlers was Harmison with 10 overs 2 maidens 3 - 31, and Giles 10 overs 2 maidens 2 - 48.
******************Lunch**********************

Tuffey & Bond started up and started well with 2 maidens and then 1 of the next overs,and when Bond picked up Strauss for a
it was the start f lemming was looking for. Pietersen was bought out and bond wanted his wicket bad, but kevin had other ideas and raced to 18 from 8 balls with 2 fours and a massive 6. England where going along nicely and had moved to 1 - 86 of 20 overs. Strauss on 33(64) and Pietersen 52(48). Vittori was bought on and he picked up the crucial wicket of Pietersen for 57(52). New Zealand had a slight glimour of hope.

Then england looked very comfortable taking the attack to the bowlers and
when OShah reached 28 (44) Mcmillian struck. England looking comfy at 3 - 144.Vittori picked up The england skipper for 14, england 4 - 160. England doing it easy with another solid win finishing up at 4 - 181 of 41 overs. A Strauss 63*(110) and Flintoff 9*(22). England win by 6 wickets.

New Zealand 6 - 180
S Flemming 79* S Harminson 3 - 31
A Adams 34 A Giles 2 - 48

England 4 - 181
M Trescothick 63* D Vittori 2 - 41
K Pietersen 57 C Mcmillian 1 - 25

M:O:M

The table

i am here with England captain M Vaughan: Mate a good win today: Yer mate we did well. i thought harmy bowled really well to start off with and that where we won it. 3 - 8 was a big hole to come out of and to New Zealands credit they got into a winning position but good innings from Strauss and a k\quick 50 from Pietersen really got us over the line.
Next Match Australia v New Zealand

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Good evening i am Brad Mcewan and and this is Sports Tonight. We have a big show lined up tonight, We have a review of the Latest ashes series, as well as New Zealand Coach Rob Malone speaks to us for the first time since he left our shores and we speak to him about his new role and how its all going. We also have all the latest footy and soccer scores and anything else that was played over night and today , so get comfy in your favorite chair and enjoy the next hour of Sports Tonight
**************************Ad Break****************

Welcome back, well earlier on during the week i was out at the Waca with former NSW manager Bugsy Malone, who took on one of the toughest jobs in international cricket, The Black Caps. We had a quick word with the former Sydney local and this is what he had to say:
Brad Mcewan: So Bugsy tell me how is life over in New Zealand:Yer mate i am loving and so is the family. Was always going to be tough and a life changing decision but am loving it and hope i will be tehre for along time to come. Not the greatest start to the Tri Series.Your thoughts mate? Yer mate we have had a tough start but we are slowly coming together. This tour was always going to be tough but i think we can still get there and make the finals, i really do. We have played well in patches but not for a total game so i have the boards full support and they have stated that i am in complete control. New Zealand Cricket Board" Bugsy come on get over here we need to talk. Ok guys i must be off but hey speak to me in a few months to see how we are going. Brad Mcewan, well there you have it. Took nsw to so much silverware and has now moved on to bigger and better things, we will keep track on his progress in the coming months so stay tuned to that. Next the latest English premier League news and Nrl scores & Aussies england tour. We will be back after this break.
Welcome back, our producers have just put together this video package on australias tour of england and we have some scores on this all important preview, of our champion cricketers.
Test 1
England 355 ao & 151 ao beat
Australia 197 ao & 294 ao by
15 runs
M:O:M: K Pietersen

Test 2
Australia 244 ao & 487 ao beat
England 290 ao & 393 ao by
48 runs
M:O:M R Ponting

Test 3
Australia 505 - 5 dec & 2 - 119 beat
England 360ao & 263 ao by
8 wickets
M:O:M M Hayden

Test 4
Australia 266 ao & 144 ao beat
England 267 ao & 110 ao by
33 Runs
M:O:M B Lee

Test 5
Australia 455 ao & 3 - 81 beat
England 201 ao & 344 ao by
7 Wickets
M:O:M J Gillespie

Australia win the ashes
4 - 1
Well thats all we have time for tonight, hope you enjoyed and we will see you here again tomorrow night. Good Night>"Sports Tonight Theme song plays"

Welcome to the waca for what is a must win game for The kiwis after failing to take anything from there last 2 games they are at a stage where they must win this game to stay in the race for a finals berth.

The pitch looks great lets go down to Ian Botham to give us a slight run down on the wicket. Guys this is a belter, nothing in it for the quicks , the spin of Warney and Vittori may have some slight give but all in all i think its a very good one day wicket.I have the 2 skippers down here to toss the coin, Flemming calls HEADS: Its HEADS. We will Bat. Well there you have it, New ZEaland have won the toss and are having a bat.
The 2 teams are as follows
New Zealand

P Fulton, S Flemming (c), N Astle, C Mcmillan, J Oram, C Harris, A Adams, B McCullum, D Vittori, S Bond, D Tuffey

Australia

M Hussey, M Hayden, R Ponting(c), P Jaques, M Clarke, S Watson, A Gilchrist, B Lee, S Warne, J Gillespie, G Mcgrath.

Flemming & Fulton walking out to the middle, so lets get down to the action.The boys played some great shots and at the 10 over mark had reached 0 - 48.Warney & Lee where brought on but flemming and Fulton had other ideas, and when flemming brought up his 50 of 52 he was looking good. End of the 16th over New Zealand had moved to 0 - 78.Fleeming fell 2 overs later after looking to get the scoring moving alot faster and he was caught and bowled to lee for 54(59).
Astle was the next player in and was not there long as he was bowled by Watson. New Zealand following trends 2 - 88.Mcmillian tried to pick up the run rate and was going at a run a ball but was given LBW and what looked like a very poor decision, however New Zealand 3 - 108 of 23 overs. They need someone to consolidate and get a big score.Fulton brought up his 50(83),
, then an over later was given Caught behind for 51(86) and when you have a look at Snicko, you can see he missed it by a mile.

That bought Chris Harris to the crease and some one needed to stay. Harris and Adams went in the same over to Warney and with 10 overs to go New ZEaland where 6 - 170. ORam still in on 28(38). Lee then bowled McCullum and new Zealand struggling again. Vittori fell in the 48th over for 11(31).Oram Finished up 53*(69) as they crawled to reach 8 - 210. Not the greatest but if there bowers can stay on good lines and lengths it may be just enought to get them the 2 points.
********************Lunch***************************

Australia come out blasting and hussey and Hayden got em off to an absolute belter of a start, hussey was first to fall for 47(52) australia 1 - 81 of 16 with matty Hayden still out there on 31(46).M Hayden fell to oram for 54(79) but at 2 - 137 of 29 overs Australia where in complete control.Bond then picked up Ponting for 36(52) and flemming could sense just maybe that some pressure was about to fall onto the middle order. he started to Screw in the screws and just maybe, Jaques went for 11(31) but i think there was just not enough runs on the board, in the end Australia doing it with 3 overs to spare and 6 wickets in hand. Yet another loss for the Black Caps and Manager Bugs Malone must be pulling his hair out.

New Zealand 8 - 210
S Flemming 54 S Warne 2 - 32
J Oram 53* S Watson 2 - 38

Australia 4 - 211
M Hayden 54 J Oram 2 - 34
M Hussey 47 S Bond 2 - 52

M:O:M​
Matthew Hayden

The table

next game against england on the 22nd January