• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inzy eyes English county cricket

Fusion

Global Moderator
He's facing a big obstacle to get his place back in the team. As I've mentioned before, I think the Board is vary of selecting him as they don't want him to undermine Malik's leadership (intentionally or not). Personally, Inzi is my favorite Pakistani player atm and I would love to see him play some more. Specially since I think he has a lot left in him. However, I am conflicted about this issue. I want what's best for Pakistan cricket in the long term. I don't want the team's harmony and balance effected by his inclusion. It's not like they're a stable bunch to begin with. Oh well, let's see how this plays out.

stumpski

International Captain
Don't see him lasting a full season (well, the season is nearly half way through anyway :( ) - he might get a short-term contract somewhere I suppose, but I think most of the counties have already arranged their replacements for Saffie/Indian/Sri Lankan players involved elsewhere. .So realistically you'd be looking at next year.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK... Fus said "wary" with a "v" instead of a "w" (was presumably a typo).

I pulled him up on it.

Whole exchange was totally in jest, just in case you didn't realise.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan cricket seems all crazy ATM, how could the board even consider not having Inzi in the test side.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can understand why Pakistan would be reluctant about having Inzamam in the Test side due to him possibly undermining Shoaib Malik although I don't really see Inzamam as intentionally doing that sort of thing. He is the best Test batsman they posess at the moment, so he should be picked.