• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Coach Feedback

gio

U19 Cricketer
So, the new version of Cricket Coach has been released - www.cricketcoachgame.com free 1 day trial download.

On first impressions, I like it. Results seem to be pretty realistic, interface is good, and the stats all seem fine. Not managed to play a game yet as England manager - loads of county matches to process first it seems.

Anyone else had a go?

Last edited:

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
have played as AUstralia as usual too good. I had one 300 plus partnership. I cannot get the "unofficial editor"to run.

gio

U19 Cricketer
Yeah, international manager as England or Australia would be pretty easy...

I played the first day of the first test V WI. Scored over 300, only lost 4 wickets - pretty realistic really. It seems to me fielders were rather poor. A lot of boundarys that could have been cut off that weren't. But that's a minor point, all in all, it looks good.

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
overall like it. But time between two matches is too long. Should have continue until next match or next news item. Without this feature i have to click each and every day to continue. The match sim speed is good though.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just downloaded it, and played a quick three match series between New Zealand and England. Very enjoyable, although England won 2-1. How could that happen? :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Just downloaded it, and played a quick three match series between New Zealand and England. Very enjoyable, although England won 2-1. How could that happen? :p
The person handling New Zealand was making some poor moves surely. :ph34r:

Hoggy31

International Captain
Took so long to load up my first season that I went to lay down and eventually fell asleep.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Lots of Bugs in the BD league.

When playing limited overs, if you bowl second then you have to autoplay the second innings since the game does not let you bowl giving a message that you choose your opening bowlers eventhough they had already been choosen.

Game freezed twice at the end of day's play during a 4-day game, I had to autoplay that day to move further.

Why cant we have more then one slip fielder for a spinner, I know you can but they stand back like as if they are standing for a fast bowler.

AlexB

Cricket Spectator
Early impressions are that it's an improvement on 2006: I like that form fluctuates, the GUI is better and the pitch preparation is nice.

A couple of early problems noticed

1. If you sort players by one stat, change the view to another (e.g. sort by age, then view batting ability without resorting), when you view a player from the list and go back, the list is resorted by the batting ability rather than returning to the original order. Just a little annoying having to resort every time.

2. I had a CTD - clicked on the team I was next playing at home to look at their squad, then tried to go back to my squad page, and CTD.

A couple of suggestions

1. Can we have a bit of a longer pause at the end of each over when bowling to make it easier to pause the game to make a bowling change?

2. When choosing next batsman, could we check our player stats from the list rather than having to select someone? It would be useful when getting to know your squad, especially in 1D games for strike rate, etc...

3. More variation in batting abilities against spin and pace would be good - this would lead to batsmen being much more at risk/suited to certain pitches and bowlers.

And a couple of questions:

Is there a player development model - i.e. is it worth picking up a young 40 rated fast bowler in the hope that he will eventually get to world class level, or will he always be rated 40?

Nice to see form changing: will it change if players don't play? In other words, if a player is out of form, will he slowly recover form if he doesn't play 1st XI, or is the only way for him to get better to gut it out in the 1st team? I really hope that it's the former, but that the latter would speed up any upturn if he plays well...

Overall it looks nice, and it's good to see a v2 of this game - still showing a lot of promise.

AlexB

Cricket Spectator
However, a major problem - after the CTD, I ticked autosave and started a new game. Just as a back up, before every match and after every day's play I manually saved the game (without existing the programme afterwards).

Played a couple of matches, closed the game down, came back to it and I have two saved games both at 15.4.2007, which is three weeks and two matches before I exited the game. Most annoyingly, I won both the matches as well!

But this is serious: we need to have faith that the save function works...

Edit: Nevertheless, I would stress that the game play does seem much better than 2006, and that I have bought the game - based on last year the updates will be quick & efficient, and the game shows a lot of promise.

Last edited:

the_stooge

Cricket Spectator
I've found the game to be a bit better than last year. I like the fact you don't have to click each over though its bit more difficult to control bowlers in terms of jumping in at the end of overs!!! I have found a bug also, In a regional one day list a game there was a partnership of about 860 i think!!! I wasn't involved but it came up on my news. Looked at scorecard and the team had only scored bout 200 i think and had lost 11 wickets!! Very odd!!:wacko:

AlexB

Cricket Spectator
I've found the game to be a bit better than last year. I like the fact you don't have to click each over though its bit more difficult to control bowlers in terms of jumping in at the end of overs!!!
If you move the speed slider to the left it will give you an option to go over by over, I tend to use this when bowling, and then autoplay when batting.

I've also found that the save problem only seems to happen when autosave is ticked, so, somewhat counter-intuitively, removing autosave makes the game save safer...

Early signs are very good at the moment. I'm liking it.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
I like it its a much better game than last years and im going to say better than this years ICC top stuff guys