• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A fun game to play

short shorts

School Boy/Girl Captain
Let's play a game. Two members start of by taking turns picking test players to form lineups of XI each. Once we have two sides, VC4 will be used to simulate a 3 test series between those two teams. The victorious member stays put, and a new member replaces the runner-up for the next series. These two members then take turns picking their XI's from among the remaining players (the players that played in the first series become ineligible). A 3 test series will be simulated between these new teams. The victorious selector then stays put for the next round where he will be pitted against yet another member, and they will pick new XI's again (the players from the first 2 rounds become ineligible), and so on....If any member manages to win 3 series in a row, he is declared the champion. This is meant purely as a fun statistical exercise since VC4 operates purely on averages and strike rates, and apparently places more emphasis on experience. It also doesn't take keeping and fielding skills into account.

Could 2 members please start off taking turns selecting their teams? 4 bowlers and a keeper minimum per XI. The team that doesn't feature Bradman gets to host the first and third tests, and the other team hosts the second. All 3 tests will be played on 5-5-5 pitches (VC4 defines pitches using 3 parameters - pace, movement and turn respectively, with 0 being lowest and 9 highest for each parameter). I hope this is interesting enough to go ahead with :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I should have added earlier, 20 tests experience minimum. Sorry for that.
Dire. :p
Does that mean I get another pick now?

EDIT: Two other picks, actually, given the Husseyness. Actually, I just won't worry about it - I wanted to find random players who played few tests and gunned it, but I can't really do that now.

short shorts

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dire. :p
Does that mean I get another pick now?

EDIT: Two other picks, actually, given the Husseyness. Actually, I just won't worry about it - I wanted to find random players who played few tests and gunned it, but I can't really do that now.
Lets just lower the minimum qualification to 15 tests and allow Hussey and an extra pick in. Don't want to get too hard assed :p

short shorts

School Boy/Girl Captain
Come on guys, surely someone's interested in taking over the second team?

Perm XI
Bradman
Headley

Other XI
Hussey

Second team's pick now.