• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 "too serious"

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Ricky Ponting said:
My problem is that I can't play a game in which I'm wearing my national team's colours, and my opponents are wearing theirs, and treat it as just being fun.
Andrew Symonds said:
The best part is having the captains wired up for TV and being able to play with the kids on the boundaries. We'll lose all that because everyone will take it seriously.
Jeez. Can't win with these Aussies.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Haha how stupid. It's INTERNATIONAL CRICKET ffs, I don't care what type of International Cricket it is, it should be taken very seriously.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I thing we'll need to change "Whingening Poms" to "Whingening Aussies" now. Pretty ridiculous from Symonds imo.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
It's here to stay and will be hotly contested every time, so no way it's not going to be taken seriously. I just hope the powers that be don't down-size all the off-field activity we Saffies have during a match. It all adds to the atmosphere. That's maybe why we like the game so much.:)

kata505

Cricket Spectator
I don't like the idea to have a 20/20 World Cup.

Its only cause the ICC want to make more money $$$$$$$$$$