• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Streak calls time on career

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sad. :( Was a lone ranger on so many occassions for Zimbabwe with the new ball and he was one of the players who I felt made the most of what he had, even surpassing himself when it comes to how he did with the bat. Was an often underrated but threatening bowler with the new ball, because of his ability to hit the spot straightaway and also to give away very few loose balls. Plus he could swing it both ways.... Under rated as a captain too, IMHO. Anyways, he has had a very good career and hopefully he will be remembered amongst the greatest ever who have turned out for Zimbabwe.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Well said - I always rated him highly and he unquestionably deserved better support than he got for a lot of his career. And not just from the players around him, but from his country as well.

Well played Heath, you have a lot to be proud of.

Nishant

International 12th Man
good player...definitely underrrated in Zimbabwean cricket...made a good move and came to england to play county cricket. A successful career in that respect.

Chubb

International Regular
Injuries ruined Heath, not lack of skill or desire. The man played his heart out but he lost his pace. Also teams realised if you just blocked him and didn't try to attack too much you could make hay against the others. At his best he'd have been in any test side.

I have to say I lost a bit of respect for him following the second retirement in 2005 because he just seemed to have messed the guys who gave up their careers in the strike around. But he was still far and away the finest bowler Zim have ever, and possibily will ever, have.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Injuries ruined Heath, not lack of skill or desire. The man played his heart out but he lost his pace. Also teams realised if you just blocked him and didn't try to attack too much you could make hay against the others. At his best he'd have been in any test side.
Absolutely, but when he came over to play domestic cricket here I had him down as a 60-wickets-at-19-at-2.5-an-over merchant. Strangely, he's not come close to achieving that.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tragic that there are not more replies to this thread.. A really fine cricketer and citizen.. A proud Zimbabwean, and its a shame that we couldnt have seen him front a better pace attack during his excellent career...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Top all-rounder on his day and was a great servant to Zim cricket. Although, as Chubb said his re-entry back into international cricket wasn’t his greatest of decisions.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic player, one of the most underrated of recent history - the lone ranger for Zimbabwe for much of his career. Deserved alot better then he got from them.