• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ford Ranger Cup Manager

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The simulation itself seems pretty in-depth. An impressive number of in-game options, and more than in ICC to date certainly. But the player contracts also eluded me, whereby I asked for the option to handle them myself ahead of the assistant manager. But somehow managed to avoid actually signing on the players, meaning that half my squad left after the first game.

Lost said game btw. Hayden and Watson smashed the ball around, and for all the efforts of Rogers and Meulman, I couldn't quite chase 308.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I played 4 games on this. I could see a batsman being runout evenm once. I suppose Batsman will not get runout in this game!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Started playing this game today seem ok. Doesn't seem to have many international matches so NSW dominates. Seems fairly easy to buy in players. First time I played it I brought in Adam Voges and Nick Jewell. Second time I played it I tested the transfer market and brought in George Bailey, Nick Jewell, Jon Moss, Brad Williams, Paul Rofe and brought back Jarrad Burke and Dan Christian. Probably could have brought in Tait, Rogers, Langer, Di Venuto and Love if I wanted to but at the start I was looking at cheap buys.

Also Jack in the game as well, throught that was pretty gun TBH.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Played about five seasons now. Jack still hasn't got a contract and Jon Holland is pretty gun. Mind you I let Haurtiz and Casson go in the first season and both never got picked up by other states. So there doesn't seem to be many spots open for spinners.

Current Starting XI: Phil Jaques, Jason Borgas, Travis Birt, Shane Watson, Micheal Clarke (c), David Hussey, Cameron White, Dan Smith (wk), Mitchell Johnson, Paul Rofe, Ben Hilfenhuas

Backups: Lloyld Mash, Jarrad Burke, Shaun Marsh, George Bailey, Ed Cowan, Dan Christain, Brad Haddin (wk), Matt Wade (wk), Steve Smith, Mosies Hendriques, Scott Brant, Dan Cullen, Nathan Bracken

The game is pretty good, modelled very much on Championship Manager (a Footbal/Soccer sim game). It does get harder to buy in players from other states as you get into the game. Been trying to bring over Ronchi and Ervine for three seasons and I'm not getting anywhere. Mind you once you get a player in your squad it is very easy to keep them.

The best part of the game for mine is the improvememt of younger players who aren't in the starting XI. Bailey, Marsh, Cowan and Christain have hardly played a game for us and have improved a fair bit. Once players hit 27 they reach their peak and stay at the level till about 30. Only problem is when you have guys like Wade and Smith in your squad you seem to wait forever for them to improve to level they can play.

Batsmen play to about 37-38, bowlers retire about 33-35.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Played until about 2010/11 where Bracken retired. Then stopped playing.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Where's the retain strike option? Just lost all hope against QLD because after Ponting and Harvey got out my wickie kept taking singles off the first ball of the over. :@

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Good question.

Also, what's with the batting aggression levels? I had 18 balls to get about 15 runs, with Dave Hussey (50*) and Martin Love (80*), both on "all out attack", and I end up losing by 8 runs...

It's happened consistently too - it's extremely difficult to maintain an RPO of 7 or above for longer than 4-5 overs.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I set my batsmen to 'normal' and they seem to score at a run-a-ball, as soon as I put an established player onto 'attack' or 'all out attack' then they are dismissed almost instantly. It makes pacing an innings very difficult.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Andrew McDonald was awesome as a makeshift opener - I think his last four innings consisted of 3 fifties and 1 hundred.

Josh

International Regular
Would love for an entire domestic season game to be introduced. Pura & Ranger.

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Would love for an entire domestic season game to be introduced. Pura & Ranger.
The game Ford Ranger Cup Manager is based on includes all the domestic competitions, plus international games as well.

You can get a trial of Cricket Coach 2007 from www.cricketcoachgame.com

There's going to be a new patch released soon, which will add some new bits, and fix some bugs, plus update the player database inline with Ford Ranger Cup Manager.

The player pictures from FRCM could be used in Cricket Coach 2007, as the format is the same.

Oli