• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Controversies ignite in Australia

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I got as far as "Symonds nicked one to first slip", and then gave up reading. It was a thickish edge but not quite that thick.:)

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
This is really ironic how the salary umpires get from ICC is basically money from BCCI( and other subcontient teams) and at the same time they make decisions against these teams:laugh:. I hope Indian public pressures BCCI to call off this tour( 96% people in India want this), and hopefully this will lead way to more fair umpiring in future for teams like Pak, Ind, SL.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This is really ironic how the salary umpires get from ICC is basically money from BCCI( and other subcontient teams) and at the same time they make decisions against these teams:laugh:. I hope Indian public pressures BCCI to call off this tour( 96% people in India want this), and hopefully this will lead way to more fair umpiring in future for teams like Pak, Ind, SL.
No offense, but that's just stupid. If umpires are afraid for their careers when making decisions, you'll have farcial games like these all the time, except going the other way.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know there's been some diabolical decisions against India in this series, but I don't think calling off the tour is a sensible idea. I'd like to see the Indian team knuckle down and possibly win one (or both) of the last two games. The sort of histrionics we're seeing over bad decisions etc in the last test are a little silly in my opinion. Knuckle down, do your best, and if poor umpiring remains the problem at the end of the series then we all know what's happened as we've all seen it. I think player performance (in some cases a severe lack of) gets lost in the furore.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
No offense, but that's just stupid. If umpires are afraid for their careers when making decisions, you'll have farcial games like these all the time, except going the other way.
When I said 'make decisions against these teams' I meant more like biased against these teams. I obviously want fair decisions, but it's amazing how you have SA, ENG, AUS VS Asian team, and the latter ends up suffering the most from these bad decisions.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
When I said 'make decisions against these teams' I meant more like biased against these teams. I obviously want fair decisions, but it's amazing how you have SA, ENG, AUS VS Asian team, and the latter ends up suffering the most from these bad decisions.
I don't think this is true. This Test sure, but I don't see it as a widespread issue affecting only some team. This Test has just been several standard deviations above the mean in terms of umpiring mistakes.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
I don't think this is true. This Test sure, but I don't see it as a widespread issue affecting only some team. This Test has just been several standard deviations above the mean in terms of umpiring mistakes.
Aus vs Pak( Last VB series)
Eng vs Pak( both home and away series)
Ind vs SA( even though umpire was Asad Rauf, but for some reason everyone has this mentality that goray > everyone else):laugh:
Also I didn't watch this series but last SL vs Aus.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This assumes that they were better in other series, not involving Australia. Or that during those series, the majority of the wrong decisions went against the subcontinent sides.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Also why do you think subcontient players are always ignored for ICC awards when they deserve it far more than players from other teams?

taitmachine

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Australia copped some terrible decisions in the 2005 Ashes. But no one took away Englands credit as they played fantastic cricket. It is just not as simple as saying its just Asian countries - it is well known that teams touring in India & Pakistan get the run of decisions due to crowd pressure.

These bad decisions have happened ever since umpiring started!! It is just when you get a close test or series that they are focused on more. If this game was a one sided affair then it would have just been a side comment (as it usually is).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Also why do you think subcontient players are always ignored for ICC awards when they deserve it far more than players from other teams?
FFS, don't conspiracy-theorist nutcases do the head in?