• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20/20 Afl

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only sport more boring than soccer is easily AFL. Even watching syncronised swimming has more entertainment. I mean a whole team running around like headless chickens without any idea or what to do is not really a sport is it? Points for missing, marks for dropping balls, both teams getting a chance to get the ball back after it's gone out - it's pretty much just a game of kick it around, no wonder Victorians like it so much.

Now if we were to make the game 20 kicks each in a force 'em backs competition I think we'd have a much more exciting game on our hands.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Don't see how that's more courageous than Jonathan Brown. The rugby guy is hitting people with tackles, yeah its tough (and thats the point of the sport), but his eye is on the man.

Brown's eyes were on the ball, and only on the ball, running into a wall of guys storming in the opposite direction.

I didn't post a video montage of AFL hits/bumps/tackles, I uploaded a courageous mark. There's seriously no comparison.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don't see how that's more courageous than Jonathan Brown. The rugby guy is hitting people with tackles, yeah its tough (and thats the point of the sport), but his eye is on the man.

Brown's eyes were on the ball, and only on the ball, running into a wall of guys storming in the opposite direction.

I didn't post a video montage of AFL hits/bumps/tackles, I uploaded a courageous mark. There's seriously no comparison.
The Sharks's winger (can't remember his name) eyes where on the ball as well when he is catching the ball, not the guy that was tackling him. That 2nd clip pretty much shows the same thing in that bit.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fair enough, but the commentators glorified the first tackle (which was great), but I don't necessarily find that courageous.

Its like saying the guy trying to shoot Whitney Houston in Bodyguard was courageous, when in reality it was Kevin Costner that was the man of the moment.

Eyes always on the bullet (ball)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Fair enough, but the commentators glorified the first tackle (which was great), but I don't necessarily find that courageous.

Its like saying the guy trying to shoot Whitney Houston in Bodyguard was courageous, when in reality it was Kevin Costner that was the man of the moment.

Eyes always on the bullet (ball)
Yeah but marks/takes like that happen all the time in all three sports and with keepers in Football. Brown mark will always look better due to way he took the mark and the fact that the other guy got smashed. But the events after or before, don't show how courageous a player was. Still think the Shark's wingers take was as courageous.

The main reason why I posted the hits clip was cus I love that video, but for me it shows how the game more entertaining then AFL. Even when points aren't being scored, there is always something happening in a league or union match.