• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Would Be Your Choice As New England Captain?

Who Would Be Your Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone but KP.

Hate the bloke, if he's England captain I may wish England to lose every game, for the first time in my life.

Cook, Strauss, Key, Colly, even Freddie and lets face it ****ing anyone over him (KP).

Edit: What Matteh said, actually for a less angry response.

Last edited:

Spinksy

Banned
I'd actually say Paul Collingwood or Ian Bell for some reason, probably just for a short period of time though. Long term however i'd have to go with Andrew Strauss as the new English captain.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Strauss for mine.

It's far from ideal for the simple reason that I don't think his place should be viewed as particularly secure at the moment despite his good performances against New Zealand. However, as was said in the other thread, he's done the job before at Test level and looked the part as captain.

cover drive man

International Captain
I think we shouldn't over look Ian Bell, he's a very consistent and good player although I dont really think to much of his interaction with the side which is vital to any captain. Robert Key's a little iffy he hasn't played a test since 2005 despite his impressive county performances and leadership skills I think he will need to get some rhythm in the test game before going straight into it. Flintoff has just came out of injury and we know he's prone to injuries. KP would be an awful choice I think he doesn't have the right attitude and his attitude when he plays seems to be more in his favour rather than the team's. Cook is a good young promising player and Strauss I feel might also prove a good choice.

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
Who's your choice as new England test captain?

I'm thinking more long-term than short term here, someone who will captain England in the 2009 ashes.

My choice, Robert Key.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't think the matter even needs discussion TBH - if it's anyone other than Kevin Pietersen I won't quite eat my computer but I might eat 3 keys.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would imagine it'd be Strauss but KP would be worth a punt. Hasn't had any captaincy experience that I know of?