• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official** New Zealand in England

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
PY said:
Welcome to CW :)
thanks.

Oh,to the people (or person) who thinks that bond doesn't swing the ball,what about in the VB series? 5-25? aussies 26-4?

so what? gilchrist couldn't play a straight ball? If you see his dismissal (bowled by bond)its ovbious it swung.

No not Nevin please. That's going backwards.
why? He got 111 against Auckland.

Last edited:

Mingster

State Regular
There are batsman who are scoring more runs than Nevin at the moment. And they don't need any introductions either...

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
BlackCap_Fan said:
thanks.

Oh,to the people (or person) who thinks that bond doesn't swing the ball,what about in the VB series? 5-25? aussies 26-4?
so what? gilchrist couldn't play a straight ball? If you see his dismissal (bowled by bond)its ovbious it swung.
why? He got 111 against Auckland.
The problem with Nevin is he balances those good scores with too many small ones.

As for Bond, I think some people are asserting that he can't swing the red ball. This, as most who have seen him in tests will know, is bollocks.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Nevin is well-gone, even if he scores a century here & there for Wellington.

I don't think the selectors will forget too quickly about some of those awful dismissals in India.

Mingster

State Regular
Well I guess it will be in our favour then.

This fielding side from NZ is the best for years. ANd is probably the best in the world at the moment without doubt.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
yeah,nevin is too inconsistent.his only good knocks in the state shield was his 111 and a 50.Apart from that its just uselessness.

But its only lately has mcullum showing talent with his batting.

and about bond,hes the best no.11 (or 10)batsmen in the world I.M.O,and I know you're thinking "oh yippee" but he averages 17.20 with the bat,with a high score of 31 N.O.And,he is a BIG hitter.On occasions hes done well for getting new zealand for a fast 10-25 in the last couple of overs.

Mingster

State Regular
BlackCap_Fan said:
danny morrisons EASILY the best ever. He ALWAYS got a reasonable score :D

Yup, and you can always rely him to get a consistent score.

*between the 0-1 region.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
You can definately say that NZ won that final match in Wellington because of their fielding.
Marshall & Cumming saved a number of balls heading to the boundary.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Tim said:
You can definately say that NZ won that final match in Wellington because of their fielding.
marshall fielded brilliantly in the 4th odi too.had to save at least 4 boundaries.

But,marshall really gave the NZ'ers a heart attack when he caught razzaq! he juggled it!

if he had dropped it,that would have probably been the match.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Tim said:
Perhaps as much as the Pakis lost it with theirs! :lol:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan's fielding was diobolical to say the least, and inexuceable on the lush green outfields of the NZ grounds.