• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Successful Meeting Outcome

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
After protracted negotiations, the 5 attendees of the meeting have reached what is hopefully the first step towards reunification:

The Vote of Confidence has been issued, and is open to all players.

If both Reuben and Liam win their votes, then they retain joint-CEO status, if only 1 wins, he becomes sole CEO. If both lose, then proper elections will be made for a new CEO (with all nominees backed by a proposer and seconder)

The CWBCC will be a minimum of 2 people (including CEO) plus any co-opted on to help by the CEO and his board.

Selection Committee:

This will be completely revamped as follows:

Chairman of Selectors: CEO of CWBCC (if 2 people, they share 1 vote)
3 members as follows:
1 - representative of the newly formed CWPA (Player Association)
2 - a non-player agreed on by general consensus
3 - a tour-by-tour selection member. This member will be appointed by the CWBCC, but cannot be a member of the CWBCC.

Once squads are selected, the captain will be added to the committee, but will only vote if there is a deadlock.

At any stage (between tours), the representative of the CWPA by the members of the CWPA can be challenged subject to rules agreed on the final formation of the CWPA.
Likewise, a motion of no-confidence can be placed in the non-player.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The Rebel Command (sorry, Star Wars still on mind...) urge all rebels to voice their opinions in the Vote of Confidence threads.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The other minor issues discussed over the course of the meeting:

1/ Contracts
2/ Inactive players

1) Contracts
The move for contracts was scrapped. There will be no contracts.

2) Inactive Players
An inactive player is considered as one who does not post in the CW XI forum with any regularity. The inactive players will be relegated to Dev League duty where they will not play until they:-

a/ become active again
or
b/ are called upon due to the desperation of injury or loss of form by an active player

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems like a successful meeting and a good step toward resolving this dispute...
On query...

3 - a tour-by-tour selection member. This member will be appointed by the CWBCC, but cannot be a member of the CWBCC.
By saying "cannot be a member of the CWBCC" does this mean no player?? Cause i feel that a NON-Player must attain this position to keep the fairness..

Mr Mxyzptlk

My interpretation is that that particular elected person may be a player or a non-player but can not be a Board member. The Board in possible collaboration with the panel will choose this person.

nibbs

International Captain
Is it just me or some garys on a crazy power trip. I mean its only a fun filled game. This revolution is just stupid. Liam had a dream, to run CWXI. Its been successful, and provided many with hours of enjoyment. Instead everything is turned upside down by some unnecessary shizzle.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
My interpretation is that that particular elected person may be a player or a non-player but can not be a Board member. The Board in possible collaboration with the panel will choose this person.
I thought it would be appointed by the board on their own, but he cannot be a member of the board.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I thought it would be appointed by the board on their own, but he cannot be a member of the board.
yep that what we decided on the cwbcc would decide on that one.. and he would be carry on the selection panel based on his performance..

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In effect the votes of no confidence were un-necessary since the committee the vote was against was as good as disbanded and replaced as an outcome of the meeting!

All that's needed now is for the Board to pick their selector, and a non-player to be elected.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Breaking News!

The reformed CWBCC in collaboration with non-player representative, Andre, has elected Master Blaster as the inital TBT (tour-by-tour) selection member. This means that he will be part of the selection panel at least until the end of the upcoming New Zealand tour. Congratulations and good luck.

Selection meetings will be held via e-mail or MSN. Stay tuned.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yep the board ( liam and myself ) made this decision backed up by the NON player rep ( andre ). We based this decision on someone who has CWXI experience and has been in this for a good amount of time.. Im sure sangrah would be glad to recieve this position and we have a lot of faith in his capibilities.

He will start soon on the tour to nz on the Selection panel

the last spot on the selection panel ( Players Rep ) is un decided as yet..

masterblaster

International Captain
"Dear CWBCC and Its Players, I am absoultely honoured and delighted with my appointment as Tour By Tour Selection Member with the CWBCC.

This came as a wonderfully pleasant surprise, and I shall endeavour in always trying my best, being fair and equal to all of the CWBCC and all its players. I look forward to the many challenges that my role awaits, and as always will be striving for my best all the time.

I look forward to cementing a solid relationship with the Coach, Staff and Players of the CWBCC.

Thank You"

Sangrah

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i would be happy to help but no one loves me, everybody hates me, and doesnt want my help :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bugssy said:
i would be happy to help but no one loves me, everybody hates me, and doesnt want my help :P
Blame the Board for that - you can't represent the players as you're too high up, and you're playing so can't be a non-playing rep.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Alright who told him???
Blewy i thought you said you were saving that little speech for his funeral :P

Blame the Board for that - you can't represent the players as you're too high up, and you're playing so can't be a non-playing rep.
no legitimate reason there to blame the board..

the players association is done on votes and hes currently playing as marc said to be a non playing rep

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
lord_of_darkness said:
no legitimate reason there to blame the board..
His position means the only position he could hold is the board's choice, that's why I said blame the board! ;)