• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i would like to announce my availability for the reds in any game that the selectors feel fit to select me, if not selected i will be travelling with the side to show my support.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
24/05/04

CRICKET WEB BLUE 270/2 50.0 overs
ZIMBABWE XI 168 38.5 overs

Cricket Web Blue won by 102 runs

Man of the match: Patrick Fisher

Coach's Comments:
Just a few days ago we saw the first hat-trick in CW history and now we see the second. Chris Broadbent managed to dismiss the batsmen of the class of Campbell, Goodwin and Grant Flower with consecutive deliveries to write his name into the history books, as his bowling sealed the deal for the Blues in a comprehensive win. Earlier on Patrick Fisher starred with his highest List-A score and he and C Buts lifted the bowling for 89 runs in the last 10 overs. On the last note, the opening partnership experiment worked, with Andre rotating the strike clinically whilst StUEy blasted away.
---
VETERANS XI 228 41.5 overs
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 184/6 50.0 overs

Veterans XI won by 44 runs

Man of the match: Robin Smith
---
INDIA A 243/9 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 242/5 50.0 overs

India A won by 1 runs

Man of the match: Hemang Badani
---
ENGLAND 'A' 191/9 50.0 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 167 42.2 overs

England 'A' won by 24 runs

Man of the match: Jamie Troughton
---
CRICKET WEB GREEN 229/7 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 209/9 50.0 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 20 runs

Man of the match: A Massive Zebra

Coach's Comments:
A Massive Zebra continues to impress. This time it was the Reds who he had in a spin, almost singlehandedly bowling the game into the advantage of the Greens. Rob Timewell was also quite impressive in his second game, showing more control and the same penetration. With the bat, Gibbs N Smith and Jason Toogood were on top of things until a brief collapse forced Age Master into action toward the end. For the Reds, Markus, Craig and Jagaways were out to loose shots and Ghansar and Imran Khan Jr. tried their best on a pitch which got slower and lower as time moved on. Eventually Khan was not left enough support to launch that extra bit that was needed for victory. Good competitive game though and good win for the Greens.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

bugssy said:
i would like to announce my availability for the reds in any game that the selectors feel fit to select me, if not selected i will be travelling with the side to show my support.
Duly noted.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy would also like to get in a couple of games for the Reds before the next Test tour...

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Woohoo a hatty!!!! happy with the class of batsmen i got there too - also very happy to take more than 2 wickets for a change

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bugssy said:
I'm with Buggsy.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
another very good win for the greens :) happy to contribute again myself, great to see see Zebra bowling brlliantly. also great to see other batsman in the runs again :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tentative teams for 5D games

Note that these are subject to change at a later date...

CW Red vs England 'A'
Craig
Eyes Only +
Jagaways
Bugssy
Blewy
Marc71178 (C)
Zaid Ghansar
Daniel Muhaffy
Pratyush
Dave
Mr Wright

12th Man: Mr Ponting

CW Blue vs New Zealand 'A'
StUEy
Patrick Fisher
Jamee999
C Buts
Dylan Jellett
Samuel Vimes +
Langeveldt (C)
Dark Hunter
Tom Halsey
Nath Patrick
Chris Broadbent

12th Man: Lord of Darkness

CW Green vs Zimbabwe XI
Gibbs N Smith
Rich_2001
Ash Chaulk
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Adil Dewan +
Mr Mxyzptlk
Umpire Money
Master Blaster
Xavier Rose
Sanz

12th Man: Ferd

Last edited by a moderator:

PY

International Coach
Have you noticed I have made myself available for selection in the Blues side Liam?

Just pointing it out, not expecting to get in straight away but wouldn't mind getting back into some cricket (even as water carrier) to take the mind of retirement and feeling old. :(

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
PY said:
Have you noticed I have made myself available for selection in the Blues side Liam?

Just pointing it out, not expecting to get in straight away but wouldn't mind getting back into some cricket (even as water carrier) to take the mind of retirement and feeling old. :(
Nah. We Blues don't need a keeper with a world cup average worse than Pickup's.

(goes off to ponder why I was picked)

Timewell

U19 Debutant
A decent enough performance in the one day game - hopefully I will get the chance to prove my worth in the 5 day game. Come on you Greens! What is the table looking like now?

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
Our extras are too much! 29 extras from the reds in the od game against the greens if we had 0 extras they would've made 200..and we would've won

anyway hope for a better performance next up

COME ON REDS!!

PY

International Coach
Samuel_Vimes said:
Nah. We Blues don't need a keeper with a world cup average worse than Pickup's.

(goes off to ponder why I was picked)
Didn't say I wanted to keep did I?