• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The expansion - rules

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There'll be 3 league tables - Tests, ODI's and combined.

Each match will have it's own thread, with deadlines etc. clearly marked.

Scoring system:

Tests

Toss: 2 points
Result: 10 points (if Tied, it counts as a draw)
Batsman scoring most runs in Match: 10 points
Bowler with best Match Figures: 10 points
Total runs in Match: Spot on 15 points, within 10 runs 10 points, with 25 runs 7 points, within 50 runs 5 points, within 100 runs 2 points.
Total wickets to fall in Match: Spot on 10 points, within 1 wicket 7 points, within 2 wickets 5 points, within 3 wickets 2 points.

ODI

Toss: 2 points
Result: 10 points (if Tied, it counts as a draw)
Batsman scoring at quickest s/r in Match (must have scored 10% of his teams runs to count): 10 points
Bowler with best economy (must have bowled 10% of his teams overs to count): 10 points
Total runs in Match: Spot on 15 points, within 10 runs 10 points, with 20 runs 7 points, within 35 runs 5 points, within 75 runs 2 points.
Total wickets to fall in Match: Spot on 10 points, within 1 wicket 7 points, within 2 wickets 5 points, within 3 wickets 2 points.

Any questions to be asked in here.

Please note that the ODI series will start AFTER the current WI-Ban series is over as it is mid-series.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As Neil says.

If a spell of 5-1-15-0 were bowled compared with 10-0-65-3, then the former is better in the terms of this game.

Besides that, it's my game so I make up the rules!!!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
As Neil says.

If a spell of 5-1-15-0 were bowled compared with 10-0-65-3, then the former is better in the terms of this game.

Chris Hinton to mention flat Spin and Coaches not giving Chance in 3..2..1..

NikhilN

International Regular
marc71178 said:
As Neil says.

Calm down...its just a question...I am not telling you to change the rules!

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
marc71178 said:
As Neil says.

but i am more of a 10-0-65-3 bowler than a 5-1-15-0 bowler.

Andre

International Regular
Proud Indian said:
Calm down...its just a question...I am not telling you to change the rules!
Nikhil starts his own, original 'cricket guessing contest' in 3...2...1...

biased indian

International Coach
what if the other team get all out how is 10% of bowlers calculated ?

fom actual overs or 50 overs

say a bowler bowled 3 overs and the team was allout in 30 overs
will he be eligible

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil is right - incidentally, Vermeulen came 1 run from upsetting the Apple Cart in the 1st game.