• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Blue Thread

Travis_Teh

International Regular
The CW Blue top order continues to rotate, mixing things up as much as possible before the serious pre-season work begins. The tail starts relatively early, with nose bleed positions being handed to Sriram and Demeza.

Victoria elect to play Mick Lewis, the man commonly associated with the 'worst bowler to ever play one day cricket for Australia' tag. Hopefully he goes for more than 100, again.

CW Blue XI

SE Fuller
LA Camps
MW de Silva
RGEWS Cribb
L Tyson
PE Young
AJ Crampton (+)
RA Williams
TJ Demeza (c)
G Sriram
RG Dunn

Victoria XI

M Klinger
AC Blizzard
BJ Hodge
DJ Hussey
CL White (c)
AB McDonald
AJ Crosthwaite (+)
GJ Denton
SM Harwood
BE McGain
ML Lewis

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Victoria vs Cricket Web Blue

Another extremely low scoring one day match was played at the MCG. Both teams were bowled out before their allocated 50 overs were utilised. Promising signs for the CW Blue bowlers for the upcoming development league one day season.

Attachments

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
^^ what he said...
right well im reporting for the year... I was away doing some Super Extra Extra Extra Super Double Secret training for the new season!! So I'm all fired up and ready to go boys! :laugh:

dinu23

International Debutant
^^ what he said...
right well im reporting for the year... I was away doing some Super Extra Extra Extra Super Double Secret training for the new season!! So I'm all fired up and ready to go boys! :laugh:
gud to see u back supa! I heard that Super Extra Extra Extra Super Double Secret training is given in a very secret place in Siberia, it that true?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The first preseason game was played the other day, we drew against Red.
Check out the official season 13 thread, it has a fixture list on the first page :)
Thanks!

Wow, we need to work on our bowling!!

I reckon 3 is too high for myself, much better at around 5 or 6. I bat so fast, there isn't really any point batting so high.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Thanks!

I reckon 3 is too high for myself, much better at around 5 or 6. I bat so fast, there isn't really any point batting so high.
Yeah, haven't quite decided on the batting order yet. Shall be taken into consideration though, cheers :D

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Gonna see how you go at 6.

It's a hard nut to break into, the Blue top order. I reckon it almost selects itself. Trying to refine it a little.
Cheers. I made a century the other day against a high quality Tasmanian attack, batting at 5 or 6.

Hope we play better as a team next game.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Thanks!

Not really we just need our star bowler back :p