• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Something I've been meaning to ask for ages, kept forgetting -
Why can't we edit posts more than 24 hours old any more?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why on earth would you WANT to edit a post which is more than 24 hours old? If TEC hasn't replied to it 15 times by then, he's not going to.

Sorry - perhaps Andre could help?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
A prime example is the first post in the succession game thread in ICC...can't be bothered to link, but that one should be edited to show the progress of the game...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
A prime example is the first post in the succession game thread in ICC...can't be bothered to link, but that one should be edited to show the progress of the game...
That's a really good point

Rich2001

International Captain
The reason is basically what Eddie said as a joke... Generally why do you need to edit such an old post... you generally after that sort of time would just make a new post, the time limit can be altered I blieve but I like I say it's just as easy to make a new post as so many replies probley would have been made that the edit probley wouldn't be noticed anyway.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yeah myself and 3 other people discovered this in the ALfA forum, where we went to edit our 'Team records' post, only to find the Edit button wasnt there. Spent 20mins explaining it to Andre that night, I got the impression he thought i was a wack when I told him there was no edit button!

Rich2001

International Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Spent 20mins explaining it to Andre that night, I got the impression he thought i was a wack when I told him there was no edit button!
LOL trouble for us lot is that the edit button is consistanly there and usable for obvious reason so that's probley why he thought you was mad :happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The reason I'd want to edit old posts is because I notice an error that I didn't immidiately notice.
Sometimes because it's been pointed-out.
I mean, if you say "Mr X scored 507 runs" and smart-ar*e says "no, actually, he scored 512 runs", personally I'd want to go back and correct that.
And we always used to be able to.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Also I had the problem in my Paid Cricket Game thread as I wanted the latest version to be avaiable on the first post... and not have to search for it somewhere else

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Paid, why don't you keep a stickied locked thread with it in, and then everytime you update, start a new stickied locked thread and delete the previous one?

Andre

International Regular
Rich2001 said:
LOL trouble for us lot is that the edit button is consistanly there and usable for obvious reason so that's probley why he thought you was mad :happy:
Hmmm, I already thought he was mad! As Rich said, I've never had that problem before so I couldn't quite understand it.