• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

11th Match - New Zealand v Pakistan (22nd March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Khalid Latif at 3 killed the chase. I don't know why they don't make more use of Sarfraz at the top where he can pick singles right after the power play and keep the scoreboard ticking.

Niall

International Coach
Khalid Latif at 3 killed the chase. I don't know why they don't make more use of Sarfraz at the top where he can pick singles right after the power play and keep the scoreboard ticking.
Or Malik either at three. The logic for latif I'd love to know.

It was always a big total against a gun bowling attack, but the fact they didn't get close after a gun knock from Sharjeel is frightening.

In a perfect world that should be game over for Shezhad, poison at the top unless he is playing Bangladesh.

No idea what to do with Umar after that either.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Latif was a bad call but Akmal has to take a fair share of blame. He played 4.1 overs for 24 chasing 181.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Serious question for the Pak fans here.. I think the attitude of Umar Akmal is disastrous for team morale. Why would you want a donna like that in the side? He is not even that good. Would it really hurt the team to play without him for 2 or 3 years till the bloke understands that nothing revolves around him?

And why cant they bat Sarfraz, Malik and Afridi in that order in the top 5?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Considering his productivity on Twitter, you'd think Ahmed Shahzad would be a lot better in the shorter forms of the game.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Or Malik either at three. The logic for latif I'd love to know.

It was always a big total against a gun bowling attack, but the fact they didn't get close after a gun knock from Sharjeel is frightening.

In a perfect world that should be game over for Shezhad, poison at the top unless he is playing Bangladesh.

No idea what to do with Umar after that either.
Latif was a bad call but Akmal has to take a fair share of blame. He played 4.1 overs for 24 chasing 181.
Sure Akmal played a poor knock. But what I am saying is, at 65/1 from 6 overs, Sarfraz could have managed 6 plus an over without risks. Khalid Latif hasn't played an international game in 4 years, to expect a guy like that to come in at that point and do that difficult job was the problem.

Had Sarfraz managed to do that, Shehzad could have carried along the innings and then the job left for Akmal and Malik would have been very different than the one they had to do.

Burner

International Regular
I feel for Akmal. He just couldn't hit anything today. Lack of trying was definitely not the reason though.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Serious question for the Pak fans here.. I think the attitude of Umar Akmal is disastrous for team morale. Why would you want a donna like that in the side? He is not even that good. Would it really hurt the team to play without him for 2 or 3 years till the bloke understands that nothing revolves around him?
There are a lot of off field factors behind Akmal's issues. I know what you're referring to here but there's a series of actions that led to this stage. In short, the team management in the last few years are a bit more responsible because they destroyed his confidence and the media ridicule he gets is unacceptable. That conversation with Imran was a private one and should not have been released online.

One of my friend said that with the way the team management has treated him over the last 4 years and the media ridicule he gets constantly, and to then expect him to go and match Kohli is just stupid.

I don't believe that he can possibly turn it around from here anymore, at least not in the way we would have liked. But it's more a case of poor management which just did not understand what role to set for him and how to help him achieve that.

Last edited:

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Comparing the Akmal of 2009 with this..well, it doesn't speak well of Pakistan's managing of young talent. Could still be a serious player but I fear this innings will have big repercussions.

Last edited: