• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

13th Match - India v Bangladesh (23rd March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
@contra: He is not praising Bangladesh. Why are you going on about that? I disagree that Pandya failed to keep his cool btw... He did what was possible considering his abilities.
Pandya is quite hittable at this level. His bowling doesn't fill me with confidence.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Just watched the last two overs. Two runs to win off three balls, most of the times, the team would get it. I am not sure this was a fix though like many have claimed every where. Looked more like a massive choke.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Surely that has to go down as one of the biggest chokes in cricket history. If not the worst ever. Especially given how rank the bowling was.

A topic for another thread perhaps to discuss what the biggest choke in cricket history actually is.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Think that last ball was a wide personally...

As to the biggest choke, nothing will beat klusener/donald as that happened in a world cup semi...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some disgusting memes with the trademark Indian brand of nonhumour have popped up of late

This the only decent one I found

Attachments

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What makes you think the bowler was capable of executing any plan Dhoni asked him to?
Dhoni said something like this after the match "When making the plans, I had to keep in mind what kind of plans the bowler is able to execute." Of course if Dhoni told him to bang six consecutive off-stump Yorkers Pandya would be clueless - so Dhoni wouldn't tell that. He's a smarter limited overs captain than you can imagine.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
Nobody understands pressure like Dhoni does. It takes a very special kind of a person to create pressure situations with the certainty that when it comes down to it, he will be mentally stronger than his opponent.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pandya's last delivery was difficult to hit. It was an intelligent strategy to bowl that delivery at the time.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Freaking hell of a finish, and Dhoni's run out was fantastic. Wonder if he has timed his run up to the stumps as against the non-striker during practice.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Nobody understands pressure like Dhoni does. It takes a very special kind of a person to create pressure situations with the certainty that when it comes down to it, he will be mentally stronger than his opponent.
Yeah absolutely. The fact that he is so strong mentally also gives him the edge while finishing/chasing and we have witnessed so many cool headed job done by him.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Just saw the highlights of this and for me the worst thing was Jadeja rolling around like an idiot after that second catch as if he's taken a blinder.
Fielders don't roll around for dramatic appearance; they roll around to dissipate the momentum of the fall so the ball doesn't pop out of the hands.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched the last two overs. Two runs to win off three balls, most of the times, the team would get it. I am not sure this was a fix though like many have claimed every where. Looked more like a massive choke.
Yeah, I was one of the only guys at my office who didn't think it was a fix. Quite a bit of talk about it today.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
There's a theory that I have a lot of time for. The Bong players, for whatever reason, seem to have oversized egos and do not take kindly to perceived slights. They're huge on gestures of 'getting even'. They may have sought to repay India for having finished off their last high profile encounter with a six (Dhoni, Asia Cup Final). If so, this wasn't a choke.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Watched the match on delay without knowing the scores - How ****ing incredible was that match, even before the last over. Just an entertaining game of cricket.

Banglas choke was quite extraordinary. When Rahim came to the crease I texted a mate saying Rahim and Mahmudulla are the two guys you'd want in if you were a Bangladesh fan, and they choked the house down.

Bumrah coming back after his ****ness earlier was great. Kid has heart. And that Jadeja catch was clutch as ****.

All the ****s that wahhh about pitches can **** off. That pitch made that match.

Last edited:

indiaholic

International Captain
The worst of the lot when it comes to these waahs is sadly Akram. I remember in a previous game where the spinner came on and his first ball didn't turn and Akram was like that indicates how good the pitch was and started slagging the pitches that offered turn. Very very sad.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That doesn't stop you running in with him. The non-striker was practically stood still when the ball was delivered. There is a middle ground there.

Not that a mankadding would have particularly mattered anyway at 8 down with 1 ball to go.

Dhoni did what was an obvious, basic thing in having his right glove off. The non-striker tossed away a few percentage points by dawdling.
not enough being made of this actually (because of Mahmudulla and Rahim ****ness). The lack of backing up was horrendous,