• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

15th June - 2nd Semifinal - India vs Bangladesh

Burner

International Regular
Knew India were going to piss it in. Didn't think it was going to be like this though. On pitches like these, you aren't safe even if you score 350 against this batting line-up. Saw it in the IND vs AUS series 2013.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, I'm actually a bit disappointed in their performance this tournament. Amazing comeback vs NZ, but part from that Shakib-Mahmudullah partnership, they've largely been very poor. They were way more impressive at the 2015 WC.
I think we failed to seize the opportunities in the whole tournament overall. Looking at the first match, BD fell short of what was looking like 320-325 at one point and same happening this match. Tamim played well overall and Mushfiq chipped in with few in couple of games with Shakib and Mullah playing match winning knocks against NZ. But thats about it. Most disappointing was bowling. We were much better couple years back with bowling. These are more flat pitches than then but it can not be used as excuse. Fizz, Taskin, Rubel, Shakib all were bad collectively in this tournament. Looked like there was no plan whatsoever and not sure if Walsh is the way forward. Bowling has regressed quite a bit after Streak leaving.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gavaskar, Shastri and Hussey banging on a drum in the middle of the ground... the **** you have to do to earn your pay check.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
**** hindi. I'll show real respect when everyone learns every language in the country. Not this bs where I have to learn some 'superior' or 'official' language but no one will learn mine.
As a Hindi speaking North Indian who never learnt any other native language despite spending 14 years in non Hindi speaking regions, I'm embarrassed to agree with you.

cnerd123

likes this
**** hindi. I'll show real respect when everyone learns every language in the country. Not this bs where I have to learn some 'superior' or 'official' language but no one will learn mine.
I haven't even lived in India and I learnt Hindi

Weak excuse.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
how **** is Ganguly as a commentator. Umpire signals 1 bouncer for the over and he has a go at Tamim for 'one short' and poor running. The other day against Sri Lanka Gunaratne hold out to Fakhar at Deep Mid wicket and he goes, that's a great shot, straight to the fielder and that's out."

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He is way too self absorbed and arrogant to be a commentator..... Even his interviews are a pain to watch and/or listen to.

What's interesting though is that he was not like this 3 or 4 years back when he first started off as a commentator. He was very astute, well informed and sensible. Just gone waaay downhill since he got into BCCI politics I think.

Last edited: