• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

15th June - 2nd Semifinal - India vs Bangladesh

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
What am I missing wrt Rubel? Looks innocuous to me. Not in pure pace, but effectiveness.
Very inconsistent and swings between dire and very good. Has the knack of picking up crucial wickets, Ian Bell in WC 2015, Guptil against New Zealand when he could have run away with the game. I would still go with him given limited resources

Arachnodouche

International Captain
how **** is Ganguly as a commentator. Umpire signals 1 bouncer for the over and he has a go at Tamim for 'one short' and poor running. The other day against Sri Lanka Gunaratne hold out to Fakhar at Deep Mid wicket and he goes, that's a great shot, straight to the fielder and that's out."
They're all chodes. The other day that prick Russell Arnold kept calling Mushfiqur Rahim a talented youngster over and over again. Isn't he a ten year veteran by now? Chances are Arnold probably played against him at some time or other, too. Richie, come back please.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Just saw Masrafe's post match press conference. Very honest assessment - said mentally team not there to compete in these matches and the mistakes made in WC 2015 QF were repeated. That's a really brave and blunt take, something most captains today would never admit to.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Nasser, Athers, Bishop, Ponting, Baz, Fazeer are right up there. Warne can be good when he is actually focused on the game but gets distracted and bored far too often to be a good commentator.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
On the topic of Bangladesh bowlers, what about Abu Hider/Haider? I remember watching him in one of his first T20I's last year, can't remember against who, but in this one match he was beating the bat and catching the edge a lot but he ended up with no wickets at all. Looking at his recent domestic performances, they're pretty good with the ball.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Can't wait for a few of the current BD players to retire and replace the resident moron who calls their games atm.

cnerd123

likes this
On the topic of Bangladesh bowlers, what about Abu Hider/Haider? I remember watching him in one of his first T20I's last year, can't remember against who, but in this one match he was beating the bat and catching the edge a lot but he ended up with no wickets at all. Looking at his recent domestic performances, they're pretty good with the ball.
He's in the frame.

The BD bowling prospects are all still so young tho. Need a lot more polishing till they're ready

smash84

The Tiger King
He's in the frame.

The BD bowling prospects are all still so young tho. Need a lot more polishing till they're ready
how about trying them out at the international level and see if the sink or swim? They can't be much worse than the bangers regulars?

cnerd123

likes this
how about trying them out at the international level and see if the sink or swim? They can't be much worse than the bangers regulars?
We already did that with Kamrul in Tests recently.

Other guys like Abu Hider, Al Amin, Shaiful, have all been playing recently too. Think they just wanted to most experienced crop for the CT. And tbf, they're all quite good, just didn't have a great tournament. Conditions have been tough to bowl in as well.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like Roy, but I don't know how he'll go in international cricket, and the CT wasn't the place to try it. Rubel's gotta go now imo, get other guys some experience before the WC.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Hider was binned without proper chances. He bowled badly in two t20s and got dropped. He's still very young so looking forward to him coming back. He's out and out swing bowler and we need one desperately atm.