• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

16th Match - Bangladesh v New Zealand (26th March)

Who will win this match?

• Bangladesh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GGG

State Captain
Just curious, could Sodhi get a IPL contract as a local? I take it he has or could get a Indian passport or is it purely on which country you play for?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just curious, could Sodhi get a IPL contract as a local? I take it he has or could get a Indian passport or is it purely on which country you play for?
He could, but then he'd have to play New Zealand domestic cricket as a foreign player and give up representing NZ, so I think it's an unlikely route for him to say the least. Cricket authorities have loosely got together to prevent players playing as locals in more than full member nation at once.

Props for thinking outside the box, however.

Niall

International Coach
He could, but then he'd have to play New Zealand domestic cricket as a foreign player and give up representing NZ, so I think it's an unlikely route for him to say the least. Cricket authorities have loosely got together to prevent players playing as locals in more than full member nation at once.

Props for thinking outside the box, however.
I'd be surprised if one of Sodhi, Santner or Guptil does not end up in this years IPL after this world cup. players always pull out whether before hand or during so no need to turn his back just yet!:)

91Jmay

International Coach
Few more performances from Ben Stokes and someone might take a gamble on him (if he fancies it). Seam bowling all rounders are hugely valuable in IPL (although it would be a mistake for someone to try it).

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
If Corey Anderson can get an IPL contract off the back of one century against WI, then Stokes's 250 against SA should also be good enough.

91Jmay

International Coach
Stokes is a pretty poor T20 player at the moment. Very inconsistent but a match winner with all 3 disciplines

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's really hard to get dual citizenship anyway

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It was interesting to see Ish deceiving the Bangerz batsmen with his toppies and googlies. When he played against them in his debut series back in 2013 his variations were picked so easily that he may as well have had a neon sign flashing "googly" over his head.