• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Semi Final - New Zealand v South Africa (24th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

viriya

International Captain
And Jaya may have influenced the Kaushal selection, but why the **** were they playing Kaushal of Senananana?

Seems a lot like the Mahela/Sanga love of the raw, unseen, mystery spinner.
Senanayake looked meh in the Australia game.. Kaushal selection is **** obviously.. The guy who should've played was back in sri Lanka..

All that is irrelevant though.

NZ fans don't have to be so defensive about the rain/selections etc.. Every close game involves luck going your way, the kiwis did their job and got through like they deserved. It doesn't make their performance any less great to admit that things went their way in certain situations.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has an official attendance been published anywhere? I'm just seeing a whole bunch of vague estimates between 40k and 45k.

vandem

International 12th Man

Greenlite

U19 Debutant
That was Daniel Vettori's last ever game in NZ, what a fitting way to end it (considering all the close losses he had with Chris Harris chasing over the years)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has an official attendance been published anywhere? I'm just seeing a whole bunch of vague estimates between 40k and 45k.
Stats NZ have done a press release about attendances for the tournament across NZ - including the Auckland game. If you can't find it, let me know.

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
no doubt in my mind the wat Miller and AB were batting SA wouldve scored 340-360 and NZ wouldve struggled but happy for NZ. NZ may not have another opportunity to got a final for a loooooooong time. I beleive SA should be ok and can win even next WC in England.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
NZ may not have another opportunity to got a final for a loooooooong time.
That's true, but a possible NZ side in 2019 looks pretty awesome - potentially even stronger than this current side:

Guptill
Latham (wk)
Williamson (c)
Taylor
Colin Munro
Anderson
Neesham
Mitchell Santner
Henry
Southee
Boult

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Yeah, if anything, we'll be stronger in 2019. We're keeping most of out best players now minus McCullum and Vettori, and Southee, Boult and Henry will have four more years of match experience.