• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd June - Group B - Sri Lanka v South Africa

Who will win this match?

• Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Thought Faf's innings was the most crucial performance today. He came in in a sticky situation and got going from ball 1 and dragged Hash with him.

Tahir did what he was so good at. Morris probably best seamer and Morkel getting stronger. More to come from KG too.

But did Parnell bowl some horse **** in the first spell ? Keshav might just be an option especially if we keep getting these wickets and England get the true wickets at the Oval. It certainly made Sri Lanka think they had a chance using the new unknown strip that gripped and stood up at times at a slower pace than usual.
Faf did play really well... I'm really happy with Rabada, Morkel and Morris as our main seamers. I just feel that Keshav may give us a better wicket taking option in the middle overs, he is pretty wily and could go well with Tahir. Parnell is wasting the new ball and I don't trust him to take wickets in the middle overs.

Burner

International Regular
That De Villiers run out was pretty good. They are going to need more of that if they are to win this thing and less of De Kock stinking things up just because it's a big tournament. I remember the guy being dog**** in the worldcup as well. The sad thing was he looked like a million bucks with the bat in hand but have some kind of mental block or something

SeamUp

International Coach
Tharanga banned for the next two games.

Rightly so. The slowest 50-overs I've ever seen.