• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th June - Group B - India v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Sarfraz, taste that India defeat now..will go from golden boy "aggressive" captain to national villain very fast. Got so much wrong today starting with the decision to bowl, selection of Wahab over Junaid, opening with Imad and giving him 5 overs with the new ball, allowing Indian openers to settle down instead of attacking them with the new ball. A team that has only 1 successful chase of 250+ opted to bowl first

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It shouldn't surprise anyone if it did. Pakistan have been a poor ODI side for a long time,bar a few wins against Lanka and West Indies, its been non stop bad results in the format where they are probably the weakest in.

India are just a much stronger side, I asked before the match started what Pakistan players would get into the India side, maybe Malik and Amir, none of the others would be considered.

Huge gulf in class at the moment.
Yeah this is true.

India are much better and then Pakistan don't handle these occasions well either.

Reminds me of when India were on the wrong ends of thrashings against Australia in the '99 and '03 WCs.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol what an annihilation. Malik the only guy playing hard hitting cricket from Pakistan gets hung out to dry by hafeez.
India and Pakistan might have scored 300 as many times since WC 2015 but that says absolutely nothing about the two teams. 9 of Pakistan's ODIs since WC 2015 were against Zimbabwe and West Indies, the two sides ranked lower than them. That had more to do with that stat than anything else. There is daylight between the two LO sides.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well Sarfraz, taste that India defeat now..will go from golden boy "aggressive" captain to national villain very fast. Got so much wrong today starting with the decision to bowl, selection of Wahab over Junaid, opening with Imad and giving him 5 overs with the new ball, allowing Indian openers to settle down instead of attacking them with the new ball. A team that has only 1 successful chase of 250+ opted to bowl first

I remarked earlier that Sarfraz seems to be doing things just to be seen as different, than any real logic behind his decision making. Pakistan cricket is just so focussed on whether they beat or better than India or not. They need to come out of this mindset.

tobe_ornot2

Banned
What saddens me is that these Indian bowlers all averaging around 35-40 have made this pitch look tricky. The pak batsmen have played all around straight deliveries or short deliveries.

This has been a horrendous display of cricket.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What saddens me is that these Indian bowlers all averaging around 35-40 have made this pitch look tricky. The pak batsmen have played all around straight deliveries or short deliveries.

This has been a horrendous display of cricket.

Yes.. we get it. India are useless and Pak are only losing coz they can't be ****ed to play good cricket. Now plz go and post your thrash elsewhere.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I remarked earlier that Sarfraz seems to be doing things just to be seen as different, than any real logic behind his decision making. Pakistan cricket is just so focussed on whether they beat or better than India or not. They need to come out of this mindset.
I don't think it's so much about India in particular. They are a poor LO side and there are a host of reasons for that which I'm too lazy to get into now. But it's not like Pakistan would be cruising in this game if the opposition were Australia or England.

cnerd123

likes this
India and Pakistan might have scored 300 as many times since WC 2015 but that says absolutely nothing about the two teams. 9 of Pakistan's ODIs since WC 2015 were against Zimbabwe and West Indies, the two sides ranked lower than them. That had more to do with that stat than anything else. There is daylight between the two LO sides.
TBF almost all of India's ODI cricket are against sides ranked lower than them too...

OverratedSanity

I don't think bowling first was necessarily the worst idea.

But yeah, the Wahab selection, bowling Imad with the new ball, and especially not bringing on Amir to bowl at Kohli at the start of his innings were massive blunders.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think it's so much about India in particular. They are a poor LO side and there are a host of reasons for that which I'm too lazy to get into now. But it's not like Pakistan would be cruising in this game if the opposition were Australia or England.

No not at all.. But I am saying even if Sarfraz had a good side, the attitude will not have helped him win. The way I see it, they need to fix up (no pun intended) whatever is the issue with Sharjeel and get him back in the national set up.

Sharjeel
Azhar/Hafeez/Shehzad
Babar
Shoaib Malik
Sarfraz (wk) (c)
Haris Sohail?
Imad/allrounder
Amir
Yasir/Shadab
Hasan
Junaid/3rd seamer

They need to get the set up right first and play to their strenghts. You cant change players to be world beaters over night but you can start by trying to make the best use of whatever resources you do have.

vcs

They basically need low-scoring conditions, I think. That would reduce the gap to the top sides (like when they defended an average total against SA in the last WC). Even the one ODI they won against Australia, they made it look hard work to chase 220 odd.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think bowling first was necessarily the worst idea.

Not in terms of the pitch, yes. 320 is no a massive score at all and between two competitive teams, toss wouldn't mater.

But as I said earlier, out of the 6 WC games they lost, they chased in 5 of them.
They have only 1 successful chase over 280 against a top 8 team in the last 2 years.

So if I were captain of this team, I would always want to bat first unless I was expecting moisture in the pitch an the new ball to swing around