• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th June - Group B - India v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
They basically need low-scoring conditions, I think. That would reduce the gap to the top sides (like when they defended an average total against SA in the last WC). Even the one ODI they won against Australia, they made it look hard work to chase 220 odd.
Yeah pretty much. They just don't have the firepower to compete on these flat decks where 350 plays 320.

The last time they beat India in a series, the conditions favoured their seamers and they won both the games by dismantling India's top order with the new ball

The one game they won against Australia recently, Amir/Junaid swung the new ball and restricted Australia to 220 and chased it down.

That's the brand of cricket they can sort of compete in but very few LO pitches will allow them that kind of cricket today

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India getting all their fielding and catching blunders out of the way in this game, hopefully.

Niall

International Coach
No not at all.. But I am saying even if Sarfraz had a good side, the attitude will not have helped him win. The way I see it, they need to fix up (no pun intended) whatever is the issue with Sharjeel and get him back in the national set up.

Sharjeel
Azhar/Hafeez/Shehzad
Babar
Shoaib Malik
Sarfraz (wk) (c)
Haris Sohail?
Imad/allrounder
Amir
Yasir/Shadab
Hasan
Junaid/3rd seamer

They need to get the set up right first and play to their strenghts. You cant change

players to be world beaters over night but you can start by trying to make the best use of whatever resources you do have.
TBH I haven't read up the Sharjeel trial, but if guilty he needs a pretty long ban so sadly he must be ruled out. The rest of the team is sensible, I assume Pakpassion are demanding everyone should be dropped for players they nothing about :laugh:,but from what I am aware of when it comes to the domestic game, they are few batsman especially kicking the door down.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh, they've not played India in tests so we don't know how badly they'd get thrashed in that format.
Maybe now, not Misbah's team. India struggled against Lyon and O Keefe. Yasir is a different class. And don't see Ashwin/Jadeja run through YK, Azhar, Misbah, Shafiq.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Then they just need to re-org the side a bit. Try a bit fancy stuff and maybe stack few bits and pieces players there till 8 and around the class acts they do have. They cant carry on doing the same stuff again and again. That is for sure though.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's the kind of **** Pakistan can fix. Should have been run out there.

Really no excuse for their fielding, running between the wickets, fitness and athleticism being this bad.

Motorwada

Banned
Maybe now, not Misbah's team. India struggled against Lyon and O Keefe. Yasir is a different class. And don't see Ashwin/Jadeja run through YK, Azhar, Misbah, Shafiq.
Those two matches were on turners. India didnt struggle on the last two matches. Hasn't Tahir/Herath run through YK, Azhar, Misbah, Shafiq.

Kirkut

International Regular
Doesn't Mayanti Langer get bored of cricket? I mean she's everywhere whether it's IPL or ICC tournaments and keeps using cliches during post match discussion.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
She talks waay too much. She used to be good earlier but nowadays she s worse than most anchors. She has to let others talk a bit too and she tries too hard with cliques. She seems to be just there for the paycheque. I have seen her start off as a presenter with the Indian Footballl League on Zee Sports and she was loads better back then.

Burner

International Regular
This was a really good wicket to bat on. Pakistan's incompetence made the total look monumental but it was well with in reach of a good batting side imo.