• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5th June - Group A - Australia v Bangladesh

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
What a farce.. If the batting team is ahead of the DL score needed by 20 overs, they obviously should be declared winners...
The target score adjusts on the basis of wickets lost. So, theoretically Bangladesh could pick up 8 more wickets in the next 4 overs leaving Australia with a target score of xxx/9 at 20 overs, where xxx >> 83.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is 20 overs. As I've said many times before, there should be a margin built in for D/L. It's a nonsense when a team wins or loses by 1 run when a game is rained off at 20 overs. And it's a nonsense when a team (like Australia now) is so far ahead of the D/L target but gets a N/R. I can't be bothered suggesting a mathematical system for it but essentially if you're far enough ahead = win, if the game is close enough = no result.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is 20 overs. As I've said many times before, there should be a margin built in for D/L. It's a nonsense when a team wins or loses by 1 run when a game is rained off at 20 overs. And it's a nonsense when a team (like Australia now) is so far ahead of the D/L target but gets a N/R. I can't be bothered suggesting a mathematical system for it but essentially if you're far enough ahead = win, if the game is close enough = no result.
All true, although in context Aust were lucky to savage a point vs. NZ in the last, so if they're unlucky enough to be denied the 2 points today, it kind of evens out. But yes in isolation, it's stupid this isn't deemed to be a match.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"7.41pm The covers are coming off. Repeat, the covers are coming off! An inspection at 8pm, so don't get too excited too quickly!"

Looks like they'll get there.

Shri

Mr. Glass
**** spirit of cricket, I would keep owling wides until the rain comes back to make sure that we don't get to the 20 overs mark for D/L rules to apply.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
What a lottery World Cup 2019 may end up becoming.. it's held in the same month.

I now hope that a few more games end in a No-Result so that the authorities wake up to the fact that it's essential to have Reserve Days in the world cup, in order to avoid ruining the whole tournament!