• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

6th June - Group A - England v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Rest of the attack wasn't up to much though. I don't think Ashish Nehra or Munaf Patel will be in the conversation when it comes to great ODI bowlers.
You don't necessarily have to be a GOAT ODI bowler to do a good job during a 6 week tournament. History is rife with that. Aaqib Javed is not a GOAT bowler either but did a splendid job in 92. Geoff Allot is forgotten but was the highest wicket taker in 99 World Cup. Andy Bichel played a crucial role in 2003 World Cup.
Munaf and Nehra did the job when it was required and that's all that counts.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The thing that's most impressive about Plunkett for me is he's a totally different sort of bowler than he used to be. When he first got in he was an erratic medium-fast bowler who whooped it miles on occasion but did little else. Now he's pretty much the opposite.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
accurate slow bowler who doesn't move it off the straight but does everything else?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Can hardly blame McMillan for our batting line up being a complete bunch of numpties. Select better players!
You can't blame the batting coach? He's been there what, 2-3 seasons? No one's improved in any format, apart from the 7-10 year senior pros who are largely self-sufficient and know their games. Anderson is a busted arse. Neesham and Latham are both highly talented but don't have the output. Our death hitting is pretty rank as well.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
You can't blame the batting coach? He's been there what, 2-3 seasons? No one's improved in any format, apart from the 7-10 year senior pros who are largely self-sufficient and know their games. Anderson is a busted arse. Neesham and Latham are both highly talented but don't have the output. Our death hitting is pretty rank as well.
I agree he's got a bit to answer for overall, but I don't think anyone could do much with the batting in this particular side.

91Jmay

International Coach
Crazy how much better he got after leaving Durham.
Worldie post this one.

I hated Plunkett for a long while. Made me thoroughly eat my words. I had a bias against pace bowler who only bowled middle overs but now he is solid death bowler + I've seen the value of middle innings wickets (as important as early wickets really) I am a big fan. For a man of his size he is a ridiculous fielder as well. Must have one of the strongest arms going around.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree he's got a bit to answer for overall, but I don't think anyone could do much with the batting in this particular side.
Improving them a bit would be not too much to ask? I mean, that's the role of a coach right? Unless he's driving the bus (and by the size of him, that might be true)

Look at today, full on NZ meme mode. Totally reliant on Kane and Ross, who also manage to conjure up a runout in the process. Although I didn't watch it, obviously absolutely diabolical death hitting.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Improving them a bit would be not too much to ask? I mean, that's the role of a coach right? Unless he's driving the bus (and by the size of him, that might be true)

Look at today, full on NZ meme mode. Totally reliant on Kane and Ross, who also manage to conjure up a runout in the process. Although I didn't watch it, obviously absolutely diabolical death hitting.
I watchrd our innings ... totally predictable collapse by a batting order that simply isn't up to international standard.