• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

9th Match - Sri Lanka v West Indies (20th March)

Who will win this match?

• West Indies

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah hamstring apparently. Will only bat if needed.
Throws the cat amongst it. Samuels getting 2 off 12 against the spinners has brought Sri Lanka back into the match if this is as good as the Windies batting is going to get. I was thinking we were just wasting time until Gayle comes out.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of those games that could become very interesting if Sri Lanka keeping chipping away, whilst one big over ends it.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Ugh, not the first time something like that has been given not out but that was clearly out.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've made hard work of this but should get home now. Good innings by Fletcher.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Dilshan was absolutely gun in this format but I've been getting the sense that he's a bit finished. I think I basically wrote him off as "still clearly worth of selection but an average player now" after the Asia Cup. He played a good knock against Afghanistan and was sawn off here though, tbf.
As if he can be blamed for his dismissal today. So far this tournament he's scored 83* and been triggered earlier with one of the worst decisions you are likely see.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
egg in yorkslanka's face :p
why's that then smali?:flex:

not at all surprised by the result today but very annoyed at our performance..agree with most that Dilly's was out of his control but Thirrimanne was silly, kapugedara was simply **** , siri was
clueless with the bat and we should have scored 25-30 more..on the other hand was pleased that thisara got some(yes they were fluky) bu he showed a positive intent..not sure what's happened to Angie as he used to be right up there with top level power hitters but nowhere near any agreesion wit the bat from him now?

Vandersay bowled very well and did siri but our fielding was simply pants.. feel for chameera as he should have had two wickets and bowled well again..well I have said from the beginning that I don't think we will progress from here and I maintain that but I hope we gain some confidence as team..luck wasn't on our side today BUT we didn't field or bat well so well done to the West Indies as deserved winners..

smash84

The Tiger King
why's that then smali?:flex:

not at all surprised by the result today but very annoyed at our performance..agree with most that Dilly's was out of his control but Thirrimanne was silly, kapugedara was simply **** , siri was
clueless with the bat and we should have scored 25-30 more..on the other hand was pleased that thisara got some(yes they were fluky) bu he showed a positive intent..not sure what's happened to Angie as he used to be right up there with top level power hitters but nowhere near any agreesion wit the bat from him now?

Vandersay bowled very well and did siri but our fielding was simply pants.. feel for chameera as he should have had two wickets and bowled well again..well I have said from the beginning that I don't think we will progress from here and I maintain that but I hope we gain some confidence as team..luck wasn't on our side today BUT we didn't field or bat well so well done to the West Indies as deserved winners..
Egg in your face because you were the only one voting abd you voted wrong :p

To the part in bold your vote suggests otherwise :huh:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Really getting a bit distressed about poor SRL. They're looking barely on par with Bangladesh atm, and despite what Energetic and 24/7cricket may say that's not a good thing.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Egg in your face because you were the only one voting abd you voted wrong :p

To the part in bold your vote suggests otherwise :huh:
Fair enough,but sometimes logic succumbs to patriotism..I wasn't surprised as windies were the form team but I will always support our boys..