• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Perfect 10

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Matt79 said:
Don't leave Eddie - then the apparent average age, and IQ, in what remains of this once-decent thread will be in the single digits.
It was indeed once an interesting thread, and perhaps it can be again.

I'm not leaving - just putting someone back on <ignore> for the third time.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Robertinho said:
You do realise that you're paying yourself out?...
Given I hadn't contributed to the thread until that point, I don't consider myself part of the thread, so I think it's pretty obvious that I'm not.

Nice pedantry though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Buddhmaster said:
I enjoy the event, not the game. I really only care about the Aussies, and was in this forum to express my happiness that they won. Then I saw this thread and added my two cents.
Fair enough. Apologies for the "jog on" comment which was only made in jest but obviously the internet misses these things LOL

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
luckyeddie said:
It was indeed once an interesting thread, and perhaps it can be again.

I'm not leaving - just putting someone back on <ignore> for the third time.
And for the third time, I'm absolutely shattered.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
GeraintIsMyHero said:
No offence but he's not going to be able to read that is he?
Whoooooosh

I don't know, considering he's already placed young b-mark on the ignore list a couple of times before only to later remove him suggests that there's a definite possibility that Eddie will end up reading that post.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Robertinho said:
Whoooooosh

I don't know, considering he's already placed young b-mark on the ignore list a couple of times before only to later remove him suggests that there's a definite possibility that Eddie will end up reading that post.
Not tempted yet.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
chaminda_00 said:
How is for example that saints player going down like a girl after Barry Hall 'tapped' him in the semi last year, any different from Nakamura going down from a cruching tackle from Gella. Its all the same thing, just some Footballers do it more often.
Dude, Maguire threw up from that incident.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
What exactly is the point of soccer players rolling on the floor like they are injured? The referee is watching the game, he knows what's goin on, just caus he acts injured, does it make the ref change his decision or what? You can't get a free kick for getting injured...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Buddhmaster said:
What exactly is the point of soccer players rolling on the floor like they are injured? The referee is watching the game, he knows what's goin on, just caus he acts injured, does it make the ref change his decision or what? You can't get a free kick for getting injured...
Mostly it's to have a rest and stop the game I think. Also allows the other players to have a drink, maybe chat to the manager, and so on. Free kicks don't enter into it, though obviously making it look bad might increase the chance of the opposition getting a card.

benchmark00

Voltman said:
And what a resounding success that was...
Well it was, but someone with limited knowledge on international AFL infrasructure wouldn't be aware, and subsequently should refrain on making comments on matters with limited knowledge of them.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Ohhh, benchy getting on his high horse, telling people when and where they should post.

benchmark00

Voltman said:
Ohhh, benchy getting on his high horse, telling people when and where they should post.
You can post, but i can also post and say it's totally wrong.

It's like me talking intracacy's about rugby, when like you about AFL, I have no idea what i'm talking about.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
benchmark00 said:
Well it was, but someone with limited knowledge on international AFL infrasructure wouldn't be aware, and subsequently should refrain on making comments on matters with limited knowledge of them.
I'm not trying to sound patronising to AFL, 'cos I know squat about the sport &, moreover, I don't think any given sport is intrinsically better than another, but how would a sport that seems more or less totally concentrated in Oz hold a meaningful international tournament? I thought the "International Rules" games were played against the Gaelic Football teams to give it an international aspect?

archie mac

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
I'm not trying to sound patronising to AFL, 'cos I know squat about the sport &, moreover, I don't think any given sport is intrinsically better than another, but how would a sport that seems more or less totally concentrated in Oz hold a meaningful international tournament? I thought the "International Rules" games were played against the Gaelic Football teams to give it an international aspect?
A little known fact, (which I read on an AFL site) there are more players of Aussie Rules in the USA then there are in Australia. The Macquarie Uni. in Sydney offers a scholarship to a talented American every year, to come to OZ to study and play Aussie Rules (surprised it is not a Melb. Uni).

The Aussie Rules WC was played only under AFL rules so was quite different from the International Rules games. :)