• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AB de Villiers

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These famous words might go down in cricket folklore

"All I can say is we are not going to choke"

:notworthy:
Yeah good stuff but let's see what happens next before we cream ourselves. The semi vs NZ in front of a raucuos home crowd at Auckland will be another huge test.

OverratedSanity

I didn't disagree with you. I want to cream myself all over AB for saying something like that and then finishing off SL clinically.

Sad that the semi is NZ vs SA. I'd enjoy any one of them winning the tournament. Arguably just as much as if India won.

OverratedSanity

I dunno man, you're posting like if he chops on 3rd ball vs. NZ you're going to bump this thread.
Nah that's PakPassion mentality. I genuinely want SA to win the whole thing and I even predicted they would. So there.

However, if AB scores 20 (30), and SA get to within 80 runs of victory with 15 overs and 7 wickets left and they end up losing, then I'm bumping, definitely. Don't want it to happen though.

Burgey

Nah, that won't be as epic as Donald running Klusener out with 1 run remaining to win the semi-final. (unless this too happens in the same situation)
That wasn't Donald's fault. Kluesner hit the panic button imo

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They both did. Donald freaked because of the ball before where he should have been run out and klusener panicked too.

At the end of the day if the batsman calls you run.

OverratedSanity

That wasn't Donald's fault. Kluesner hit the panic button imo
Yeah this has always annoyed me. Donald was already tentative because he escaped a runout the previous delivery. And there was clearly no run at all. Definitely Klusener's fault.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah this has always annoyed me. Donald was already tentative because he escaped a runout the previous delivery. And there was clearly no run at all. Definitely Klusener's fault.
Donald was never getting run out if he ran. Klusener was. You get called you run.

They're both doofuses. But the rule of cricket still stands. Striker's call there.

OverratedSanity

Donald was never getting run out if he ran. Klusener was. You get called you run.

They're both doofuses. But the rule of cricket still stands. Striker's call there.
Watch the runout. Donald was concerned the ball would hot the bowlers gand and he'd get runout if the ball hit the stumps at the non strikers end. Klusener knew Donald's back was turned but he was 'Yolo I'm going to run like a madman'.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I literally watched that run out on Saturday and discussed this with those watching. They're both wrong. Donald stayed in his crease because he almost got run out by Lehmann the ball before.

If you're #11 you run when the player of the tournament asks you to run. Even if the player of the tournament is a choker.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You fought your heart out
sprawl now on warm sand, and smile
enjoy an ice cream

#HaikuForAB