• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adrian Chiles brings you the coverage complaints thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well, from what I remember it wasn't so much that anyone was saying they weren't a good defensive side, but that loads of people were putting to down to Pique, Mascherano and Busquets just being superhuman and being the only ones working at defending in the side, when the reality was that there was loads of defensive effort all over the pitch. I remember reading somewhere that apparently their system was that every time they lost of the ball they were allowed 5 seconds to win it back, and if they didn't manage it they had to then drop hard and fast onto whatever their designated defensive assignment was. Easier said than done.
IIRC it was 7 seconds.

Even so, in Guardiola's first season I'm sure Eto'o topped some chart for tackles attempted or something.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I wish the commentators/pundits would stop pronouncing "Giroud" and "Djourou" exactly the same.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This whole 'see you dumbass Americans, you don't need hundreds of points/goals for sport to be exciting' thing the BBC have going on is really annoying. Ever watched baseball?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he hasn't annoyed me in any of the other games but he was pretty painful tonight. Always bangs on about stuff for five or ten minutes too long, just in case you missed it the first time he spotted that Hazard doesn't track back and Fellaini is ****.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He does that great thing of assessing exactly how bad a players injury is instantaneously from the stands, normally on the basis that 'I have done that' and I was out for two weeks.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Klose miss controls it in the box, it gets out of reach of him, then he has his shirt pulled back and Lawro was wondering why he went down instead of just scoring.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Clive "poor man's Partridge" Tyldesley and Andy "in and around" Townsend are, without exception, the worst commentary duo in world sport. I've yet to hear a single word of justification for their existence.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How bad was the 'whatever you want to call him' line? No you **** you are just saying it wrong.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lawro's whole "unimpressed" schtick is a little wearing but he amuses me because he's so very, very camp. It boggles the mind an ex-Liverpool centre half from Preston sounds like Alan Bennett.

One could imagine him doing one of Bennett's Talking Heads monologues about his footballing youth "& Mr Utterthwaite our co-urch said that if we kept a clean sheet he'd give us all an icy finger after the game..."