• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Afridi - Class Act

Evermind

International Debutant
Blaze you must be kidding when you say that education or media awareness do not have a big role to play in this???? :wacko:

It plays a HUGE role. Education brings people into contact with a lot of different ideas. It gives them an opportunity to think things through. There is a world of difference of between an educated and a non-educated man. Sadly Afridi belongs to the latter category
+1

Imran Khan has interesting things to say about that. And I think he's spot on.

YouTube - Imran Khan in A Morning with Farah post by Zagham

bagapath

International Captain
You too can end up the Afridi way with your own "years of being brainwashed" with some other version of propaganda
nothing can lead me to like/dislike people based on faith or nationality or skin color or language. as long as I dont become that kind of a guy i have no worries on that front.

bagapath

International Captain
Blaze you must be kidding when you say that education or media awareness do not have a big role to play in this???? :wacko:

It plays a HUGE role. Education brings people into contact with a lot of different ideas. It gives them an opportunity to think things through. There is a world of difference of between an educated and a non-educated man. Sadly Afridi belongs to the latter category
yeah. true. was very impressed with afridi's post match speech. this volte face is disappointing.

pup11

International Coach
Afridi has always been a moron and I
don't know how a bloke like him can be anything but a bad influence on the other members of his squad, its just a shame that he is actually being allowed to lead his national team.

Blaze 18

Banned

Does he need education to know that India has one of the largest Muslim populations? He's good friends (or so he says) with guys like Shah Rukh Khan and Zaheer Khan - does he have to be told they aren't Pakistani?! And again, how educated is Inzamam? Do you think he'd have said something like this? Nope. Tendulkar has only studied till grade ten (equivalent of 'O' level). Would he ever say something like this?

You don't need education to have common sense. You don't need education to know that you don't stereotype a whole nation/race in a negative manner. Anyway - time to move on. :)

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Afridi may be an idiot but he isn't the only moron. Quotes from some other morons about the match.

Sunil Gavaskar

"I doubt whether Pakistan would lose the Mohali game; Pakistanis have a special fascination for Mumbai. They keep sneaking into Mumbai by whatever route they can find and which is available. So I would not be surprised if they do it again and reach Mumbai again."

Vijay Mallya (Indian Business man and owner of BRC IPL team)

"The Indian Cricket Team has managed wonderfully and peacefully to do what our Intelligence has failed to do-Keep Pakistan out of Mumbai !"

Blaze 18

Banned
Again, that Gavaskar quote has been twisted. He said Pakistan would love to go to Mumbai and that they have a fascination for that place. He said nothing about sneaking in or whatever. This was said on "Cricket Extra". Mallya is not a cricketer (and I'd like see a video before I believe that). If we are going to go quoting non-cricketers, then I can give you a whole list of quotes from Zaid Hamid to Saeed Hafeez.

bagapath

International Captain
Afridi may be an idiot but he isn't the only moron. Quotes from some other morons about the match.

Sunil Gavaskar

"I doubt whether Pakistan would lose the Mohali game; Pakistanis have a special fascination for Mumbai. They keep sneaking into Mumbai by whatever route they can find and which is available. So I would not be surprised if they do it again and reach Mumbai again."

"The Indian Cricket Team has managed wonderfully and peacefully to do what our Intelligence has failed to do-Keep Pakistan out of Mumbai !"
really? that is so disappointing dude. can you give me the links to these quotes?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Sunil Gavaskar

Wow. Wish Sunny had said that while on air so he'd get fired and we wouldn't have to hear him commentate anymore

bagapath

International Captain
gavaskar is not daft enough to say this crap. dont think he would have said it. vijay mallaya is an ******** anyway. very disappointed but not surprised. equating kasab and co with cricketers or any normal human beings is not right at all.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Video unavailable in my country. But I'll take your word for it. Mallya is a **** though, unless that one was false too

Fusion

Global Moderator
This thread has unfortunately gone down a dangerous path since Afridi's interview. I'm going to lock it for a cool down period. I sincerely hope we don't have an India/Pakistan political war break out on the forum because of one stupid statement.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Thread re-opened. Let's keep it civil guys and please no India/Pakistan flame war or it gets closed permanently.