• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*American League* in the USA

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
sorry liam, there appears to be an error with the NY game. townsys stats dont match up.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
happy with my matches a century in one of my one day games resulting in a man of the match performance although the team struggled and only won 1 of 3 games and in the 4 day match i felt i was a bit stiff to fall one run short of a century but an innings victory in that match is a terrific effort by the team!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
i made a new song.
its called - chosen is my bunny :D

itd be interesting to see how many times ive got him out out of how many games...

bryce

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
American League Cricket

Name: BC Cunningham (bryce)

Bowl: 10-0-37-3 (including AP Chaulk, CB Lambert) ~ opening the bowling

Bowl: 8-0-38-2 (including AP Chaulk) ~ opening the bowling
my only two goes at opening the bowling, perhaps i should do it more often 8-)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
i made a new song.

itd be interesting to see how many times ive got him out out of how many games...
twice in 4 Four Day matches
twice in 5 50 over matches
:)

mikeW

Nnanden said:
i made a new song.

damn you :@

Loony BoB

International Captain
Well, with our games over, I've achieved some of what I set out to do and fell behind in other areas. Well, at least my OD batting, anyway, which is a bit surprising as I was doing so well in the CW League. I averaged just 36.92 with the bat in the 12 OD's in America, although I did have a strike rate of just over 90. My bwoling in OD's was pleasing, though - averaged 39.29 with an eco rate a smidgen above four an over.

However, overall, I'm happy as I achieved things in an area I was extremely weak in before. In the CW Dev League, I never once reached 70. Here, I cracked past 70 twice in OD's and three times (almost four!) in the longer games, including two tons, 105 and 148*. Of course, having said that, I still managed to keep my trend of posting 40-60 in seven of my sixteen 4D innings! One handy thing to be able to say, though, is that once I reach double figure, it's aparently unlikely for me to get out until I hit 40 - eleven out of sixteen innings being 40+ means my 4D average finished on a nice 56.50.

One thing that is most important of all, though - I got to know a lot of great people, had huge amount of fun and really enjoyed my times in the US of A. The boys on the team were a right laugh for the most part and Ferd and I put on some brilliant opening partnerships which I hope to be able to keep going in the future, should we ever open together again (here's hoping!). The guys on the other teams were great, too, and I hope American cricket will continue to bring people together both on and off the pitch.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Well since the US adventure is over i have done a quick add-up of my statsduring my stint here...

OD Games
By far i had my best form in the OD arena, with some good knocks behind a strong batting lineup that included PY, W1 and W2. At 12 bats i scored four half centries (with a highest of 81(84)), got an average of 42.5 and a strike rate of 95...not bad for a lower order mug :D. My bowling was also at its best in the OD game getting 24 wickets at an average of 19.8, best bowling was 6-30 (which is about the same as my dev league best.).

4D Games
I struggled at times with both bat and ball, but ended up with a deacent average in both areas. A 178* and 42* against a fickle NY attack (:p) boosted my batting averages no end, but other then that i was pretty poor. My bowling was rather substandard with a few big hauls bring my average down to about my career level of around 22-23.

As last season had a great time in the US, but might try to look for a bigger and better challenge next time the club contracts come around. It was great to play with a seasoned player like PY for the second season in a row, and hopefully all his wisdom and advice won't come to be in vain.

Gota go back to training now cause Coach Richard has the whip out :p.

mikeW

whilst everyone else is looking back at there form in America i may as well.

One day Averages
Batting
i made 474 runs at an average of 47.40 making 3 50s and 1 century with a high score of 108 i also had 1 not out.
Bowling
i bowled 71.5 overs taking 12 wickets at an average of 32.33 which was at one stage 23.40 , my best bowling figures was 3/17
4D Averages
Batting
In the 4d matches i made 422 runs at an average of 35.66 making 5 50s and a 99 :@ which was my high score too.
Bowling
I bowled 177 overs only talking the 14 wickets and conceding 541 runs giving me an average of 38.64 and best bowling figures of 3/8.

Its safe to say that i performed best in the 1 day games.

I'd like to thank my Atlanta teammates for a great season in America i'll never forget it and i maybe be back next off-season.

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Liam said:
Batting avge of 100 or more: skill raised by 2
Batting avge lower than current: skill drops by 4 runs per 5 runs less
Bowling avge of 12 or less: skill raised by 1
Bowling avge higher than current: skill drops by 3 runs per 5 runs more
Suddenly not so happy with my average! Needed 100... yikes. Did anyone get that?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
Suddenly not so happy with my average! Needed 100... yikes. Did anyone get that?
Don't worry. It's all relative to skill. That stuff if generally for a batsman averaging in the 40s.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I think i've done ok.Should have done better though with the ball but happy with my results with the bat.Hope I can continue with it at a higher level of cricket.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Just noticed your sig, Rosey - I wasn't aware we were involved in a 25 day competition. How many innings in that kind of match?! :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Imagine that...Bat for 22 days, then 3 to bowl the other team out in!!!!!!!
Samuel Vimes would have a field day! he could well get...150 in 22 days