• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ascending Average Draft (Tests) - Voting Thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Teuton - 6, Fuller Pilch - 5 in the second semi as of now.

@trundler - do you mind posting vote tallies for previous stages? Makes following the lil tourney more fun.

kingkallis

International Coach
My comparison:

Ponsford & Hunte vs Sutcliffe & Cook - Teuton
Ponting, Headley, Walters, Shakib vs Kanhai, Lara, Dexter, Woolley - Ankit J
Imtiyaz vs Knott - Teuton
Hadlee vs Akram - Ankit J
Cowie, MacGill, Walsh vs Willis, Akhtar, Chandhrashekhar - Teuton

Its much more tighter than this but Teuton has a better team to me.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In hindsight I wish I hadn't picked Richardson as Stewie Dempster was left unpicked.
There are always compromise picks in these. Considering I went 3rd last I was actually very happy with my bowling but something went wrong with the batting along the way, not getting Gilchrist in particular.

Also wonder if picking someone like Hammond still gets more votes than Smith at this stage?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
There are always compromise picks in these. Considering I went 3rd last I was actually very happy with my bowling but something went wrong with the batting along the way, not getting Gilchrist in particular.

Also wonder if picking someone like Hammond still gets more votes than Smith at this stage?
Picking more than 1 batsman averaging 50+ would have definitely made your batting look stronger. There is a psychological impact of number of ATGs in an xi.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Picking more than 1 batsman averaging 50+ would have definitely made your batting look stronger. There is a psychological impact of number of ATGs in an xi.
Yep for sure. If only the match Inzi played for the World IX did not count as a Test...

Should really have not picked Warner and held out for one of the great openers.