• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Avatar Challenge

aussie tragic

International Captain
Disappointed SS, I think most people respect you for speaking so openly and yet now that you lost an avatar challenge you've complied very meekly by posting the following tiny gray font....

PhoenixFire is the greatest source of cricketing knowledge in the world, and I am but a humble servant at his feet.

.....please restore my respect :)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Disappointed SS, I think most people respect you for speaking so openly and yet now that you lost an avatar challenge you've complied very meekly by posting the following tiny gray font....

PhoenixFire is the greatest source of cricketing knowledge in the world, and I am but a humble servant at his feet.

Don't expect much.................

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Bleh, I wanted to post a picture of :

But I'll be nice and edit it. A bet lost is a bet lost.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Brett Lee doesn't average less than 29.5 with the ball during the series i'll change my avatar to the Holden Badge until after the world cup.
If Flintoff averages >27.5 with the Bat, and <32.5 with the ball, i'll alter my signature to include a quite chosen by an english supporter until after the world cup.
Looking good on the Flintoff call...

Not so confident about Lee :unsure: his average is at 34 atm

Slow Love™

International Captain
Incredible work from pasag, seeing Brumby wearing the great man Freddie's (the ONLY great man Freddie) visage will be a real high in the annals of CW.

If the avatar's not been chosen yet, can I offer a couple of suggestions?

Attachments

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Solid.
If Pietersen scores more than Ponting in the fifth test (innings combined) then I'll make an avatar of Pietersen claiming that England will win the World Cup.

Only condition is if Ponting only bats once and Pietersen twice.
So glad that Hayden or Langer didn't get out there leaving Ponting only a few runs to get.

First innings tally: Ponting 45, Pietersen 41

Got out of jail really.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
If Ian Bell doesn't score a century in the series, I'll have Shane Watson as my avatar for a month.

If Mike Hussey averages more than 40 in the series, I'll have him as my avatar for a month.

If both of these things happen, I'll have Watson and Hussey in there. :happy:
If Bell averages more than 30, I'll have Nath Patrick as my avatar for a month.
Get changing.

pasag

RTDAS
Slow Love™;1030318 said:
Incredible work from pasag, seeing Brumby wearing the great man Freddie's (the ONLY great man Freddie) visage will be a real high in the annals of CW.

If the avatar's not been chosen yet, can I offer a couple of suggestions?
Haha, how good is the forlorn look in the one on the left. Gold :laugh:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Safe on both my bets. Hoggard averaged well over 30 and England didn't retain the Ashes.

Hakon's stuck with Hayden for a year I believe. Scored over 400 runs and was the 5th highest runscorer.

Johnners

If Brett Lee doesn't average less than 29.5 with the ball during the series i'll change my avatar to the Holden Badge until after the world cup.
Meh, doesn't seem i'll get any takers on the Flintoff bet. Perhaps it will be more inviting to you pommie supporters if i changed it to...

If Flintoff averages >27.5 with the Bat, and <32.5 with the ball, i'll alter my signature to include a quite chosen by an english supporter until after the world cup.

:mellow:

3 whole months of a holden Avatar :(

Do i get some relief for getting half the flintoff 1right (Averaged 28 with the bat, 42 with the ball) :blink:

Johnners

lol, quality pic of Patrick there

any english fan up for writing a quote for my sig.... i'm a sucker for punishment :(