• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes predictions

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't imagine a whole lot of Brisbane people would take the day off work to see a foregone conclusion.
I didn't say they would...or should.

But once again even in the face of a humiliating defeat on the park, I can find solace and pride in our supporters......the very best in the world. Turned up today in their numbers and from the little I got to see sung their hearts out and supported their team right to the bitter end.

TNT

Banned
I didn't say they would...or should.

But once again even in the face of a humiliating defeat on the park, I can find solace and pride in our supporters......the very best in the world. Turned up today in their numbers and from the little I got to see sung their hearts out and supported their team right to the bitter end.
Go to cling onto something I suppose.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of course they’re going to turn up. They’ve bought tour packages and paid for the tickets months ago. What else is there to do as a tourist in brisbane besides go to the test match?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Go to cling onto something I suppose.

Yeah I suppose you do. Personally as much as I love to see England playing good cricket and winning (especially against the Aussies) I still think I'm happier to know that we've got the best supporters even if we don't have the best cricketers.

And here's a little something that even you may appreciate. Today was the anniversary of Phil Hughes death, The Barmy Army paid their own little tribute in their own special way of course.......

https://www.facebook.com/englandsbarmyarmy/videos/10155467467202599/

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm slightly worried for Adelaide tbh. If Kennedy is to be believed about English behaviour then the violence will spill out onto the streets at the end of the play during the D/N test.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When I was at school we used to have inter-house sports. Every year without fail one of two houses would win each event. The other two houses fought over the "team spirit" award. We used to laugh at them too.

TNT

Banned
Yeah I suppose you do. Personally as much as I love to see England playing good cricket and winning (especially against the Aussies) I still think I'm happier to know that we've got the best supporters even if we don't have the best cricketers.

And here's a little something that even you may appreciate. Today was the anniversary of Phil Hughes death, The Barmy Army paid their own little tribute in their own special way of course.......

https://www.facebook.com/englandsbarmyarmy/videos/10155467467202599/
Presenting yourself with trophies sort of loses its value though.

TNT

Banned
Looks like your supporters have sunk lower than your cricketers, taking digs at the wife of one of the players is pretty low class. I would take that trophy back off yourself.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I'm slightly worried for Adelaide tbh. If Kennedy is to be believed about English behaviour then the violence will spill out onto the streets at the end of the play during the D/N test.
Well that does happen in football.

D

Deleted member 34141

Before the Ashes started I kept seeing a 2-2 result with one test match being a draw, there is still a chance of that happening.

potugaadu

Cricket Spectator
4-0 Australia. England might draw this game and maybe one more depending upon the pitches prepared in 4th and 5th tests. But I don't see England winning a game in this tour. Aussie bowlers are simply too hot to handle for English batsmen. English bowlers might compensate in an innings or two by bowling Australia out cheaply. But that will simply be not good enough.

potugaadu

Cricket Spectator
Looks like your supporters have sunk lower than your cricketers, taking digs at the wife of one of the players is pretty low class. I would take that trophy back off yourself.
Attributing "low class" to the whole barmy army for the actions of just one person is illogical. Whoever that idiot was should be judged in isolation. Barmy army is generally well behaved unlike some other country's supporters