• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia v England - Coaching

howardj

International Coach
I have to disagree with howardj here. Extended periods away will naturally lead to worries about families etc - it's a distraction that they, who are after all still human beings - don't need.
They can still sleep over.

I'm not suggesting you bed your team mates.

And a Test only goes for five days.

howardj

International Coach
I think there's a balance to be struck. Remeber, a cricket tour is a buisness trip, not a holiday and people who go on buinsess trips don't get their families sent with them. That said, it is a long trip. Team spirit seemed good, so I guess they got the balance right this time.
Exactly. This is their work. It's a business trip.

It's a balance. Nobody's saying that families can't be around for the Xmas Test, but as for the other Tests...is 15 or 20 nights during the series, to much of a sacrifice to make? They're grown men, not kids who need their mum.

Anyway, getting back on topic, coaching report card.

Midwinter

State Captain
Ther has been no mention of the academy in all this

Do CA still run the cricket academy ?

Who are the most promising players to attend recently etc ?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Exactly. This is their work. It's a business trip.

It's a balance. Nobody's saying that families can't be around for the Xmas Test, but as for the other Tests...is 15 or 20 nights during the series, to much of a sacrifice to make? They're grown men, not kids who need their mum.

Anyway, getting back on topic, coaching report card.
It's not 15 or 20 nights, they've been in Australia for 2 months now. Being away from my missus and daughter for that amount of time would be extremely difficult for me.