• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic off season 2020

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Really hoping Tanveer Sangha gets some game time this year. Kids a gun spinner.
Was impressed with his work during the U19 World Cup, that's for sure. Reckon his stock legbreak is definitely ahead of where Pope was at about the same age, has some decent variation, but as with any young leggie there will be times he can go for a few. The key is being able to bounce back from that, gain experience and resillience from playing at FC level

Absence of Bertus a travesty
Seriously though, what do you think his chances for a recall are?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They'll always go to their fully contracted players first, so he's way down the order now. He'll make well over a thousand runs in first grade again though, and they'll pick foetuses instead.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think that NSW squad is that good tbh. They don't have all of their test stars. I mean that's not to say they won't win, because they might, but it's not exactly a star studded side.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think that NSW squad is that good tbh. They don't have all of their test stars. I mean that's not to say they won't win, because they might, but it's not exactly a star studded side.
A similar side still dominated last season in fairness. Batting lineup even sans Smith/Warner is still quality (though perhaps lacking in depth) as is our bowling depth.

aussie tragic

International Captain
A similar side still dominated last season in fairness. Batting lineup even sans Smith/Warner is still quality (though perhaps lacking in depth) as is our bowling depth.
I just realised bert is stuffed, if he can't get into a NSW side missing Smith and Warner then he has no hope. Makes him about the 9th best batsman in NSW which is still great for anyone