• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Authorities uncover plan to match-fix Third Ashes Test

howardj

International Coach
I don't buy the argument put forward by some that why would a guy on $1 million risk it all for $50 000

Many wealthy people would do something very simple but shady for a quick buck

If someone came to you and said can you block a ball for $50 000, most people would at least think about it

$50 000 for a minute's work is a good rate, regardless of your wealth

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
I don't buy the argument put forward by some that why would a guy on $1 million risk it all for $50 000

If someone came to you and said can you block a ball for $50 000, most people would at least think about it

Agreed entirely.

However, since the Ashes have been brought up in the allegations, it will likely be brushed under the rug.

brockley

International Captain
Well its an allrounder from the world cup team.
That means either Faulkner,Watson or Maxwell.
Don't think it would be Stoinis.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

'here' s $100k, block out a maiden in the third over of the day'

Unless you got some absolute trash bowled at you is that even going to look particularly suss?

TNT

Banned
Steve Smith has been sending a signal to the bookies, when he is going to score a hundred he walks out holding a bat.