• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battrick

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Played a friendly against an Australian Div III side. Result was as expected.

Era Ender's: 2/393
Prajeesh 121 (93)
Tapas 104 (80)
Pilgrim 101* (70)
Rosenoir 1/58

Pastel Ducks: 42
Naykutse 15 (20)
Phillips 4/9
Lester 3/10
Robson 3/11

cnerd123

likes this
Has the engine changed?

I remember being able to set Defensive batsmen on Defensive orders and they would still score at high strike rates; higher than if on Normal/Attacking. That doesnt seem to be the case now...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm honestly not sure but I haven't noticed individual orders affecting many of my games lately, though I haven't been playing many in the way of quality opponents. I don't think there's been much of a change in anything really, I'm fairly sure the match engine was changed up a little a while back (when dropped catches were added in) but that was really some time ago. I don't think any modifications have been made since 2013.

cnerd123

likes this
Picked up a Med/Comp/Comp 19 YO LFM for 5K. Was going for 2K but I wanted to make sure I got him.

I might single net him. Not sure yet. But I needed another quick bowler so he helps with that.

Got my eyes on a few other players on the TM. Currently 10 nets are shared between my two Med/Med 17 YOs and my 19 YO Med/Med Allrounder. Trying to pick up some bargain youngsters/oldies whom I can build the side around for a few seasons to come.

Noble One

My advice would be to await the start of the new season and then bring in the trainees.

I have allocated my nets to a batsman and bowler with competent primaries:

Setanta Al (4933972)

Setanta is a steady RH Batsman, and a cautious RM Bowler. He has respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: Pastel Ducks
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 6,601 (+680)
Wages: £548 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: feeble Concentration: competent
Bowling: competent Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

Jeromey Weller (4933994)

Jeromey is a steady RH Batsman, and a cautious LM Bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and worthless experience.

He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and moderate fitness.

Plays For: Pastel Ducks
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 4,491 (+350)
Wages: £630 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None

Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: feeble Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless

I will monitor how they develop over the rest of this season, especially Setanta Al given how garbage his stamina is, however I may start afresh next season given the season is already at the mid-point.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
End of Over 50: 257-2, runrate=5.14
Weerakkodi 10-1-47-0
Rawstorne* 123 (144 balls)
Antonius 58 (75 balls)
Last Wicket: Alman Run Out 58 (FOW: 118/2)

Not bad at the halfway point, I only have one dangerous bowler in the side (don't have enough backups to bowl) so my worst first-team bowler is playing as the 5th bowler (Standen, wond/qual). I have one worthless/worthless guy bowling as well so I guess you'll smash him, if you can hold off Standen (who's defensive) you might win.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Your schedule looks rather busy to squeeze a match in.
BT is so ancient in design. I can clearly see when I didnt really get into it those 4 years ago.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Couple of pops today, nothing special though.

2. Macgyver Tori - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,841, Wage=£1,017 shortcut
A steady RH batsman and a defensive RH finger spin bowler. He has competent leadership skills and woeful experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, respectable bowling form and invigorated fitness.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

6. Carl Alman - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,901, Wage=£1,002 shortcut
A cautious RH batsman and a cautious RFM bowler. He has abysmal leadership skills and worthless experience. He favours Hard and Fast Pitches but has no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, respectable bowling form and fresh fitness.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: competent

Was hoping Alman would be 1 week from Prof with the bat but I guess his fielding was on the brink so he might be a bit low in primary.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty happy, pops on Batting & Bowling for Baumforth & Foulkes

Eddy Baumforth - 17 yo, BT Rating=8,427, Wage=£689
A destructive RH batsman and a destructive RH finger spin bowler. He has strong leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has respectable batting form, strong bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: competent Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: proficient
Fielding: woeful

Duncan Foulkes - 17 yo, BT Rating=3,932, Wage=£422
A defensive RH batsman and a cautious RM bowler. He has proficient leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, strong bowling form and moderate fitness.

Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: competent Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

Noble One

Jeromey Weller - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,280, Wage=£630
A steady RH batsman and a cautious LM bowler. He has feeble leadership skills and worthless experience. He has no preference and no trait.
He currently has strong batting form, proficient bowling form and moderate fitness.

Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: feeble Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: worthless