• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best games at this WC

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Inspired by a discussion in the 'Final' thread.

Those that instantly spring to mind, in no particular order:

Spain vs Portugal
Belgium vs Japan
France vs Argentina
Argentina vs Nigeria
Serbia vs Switzerland

I also enjoyed France vs Belgium and France vs Uruguay, although they may not make anyone else's list.

But there must be others.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously France- Australia. The only time they’ve really been stretched so far :ph34r:

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Belgium v Japan (second half)
Spain v Portugal
Argentina v France

All the German matches were utterly hilarious and dramatic at the same time - even the one they won against Sweden, with a last minute goal.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Belgium-Japan, for the obvious comeback story

Beligum-Brazil a close second though, it was crazy how Belgium managed to keep a red hot Brazil at bay, looked so threatening the whole match but Belgium held strong

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Belgium-Japan, for the obvious comeback story

Beligum-Brazil a close second though, it was crazy how Belgium managed to keep a red hot Brazil at bay, looked so threatening the whole match but Belgium held strong
Yeah, I'd forgotten Belgium/Brazil actually. Fine match.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually really loved England-Croatia. The atmosphere was so intense I felt nervous even though I didn’t really care who won, and you could really feel the shifts in momentum.

Now that I think about it there’s been so so many great games.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I actually really loved England-Croatia. The atmosphere was so intense I felt nervous even though I didn’t really care who won, and you could really feel the shifts in momentum.

Now that I think about it there’s been so so many great games.
I felt this way about the England v Colombia game actually. Not a 'good' game objectively speaking, but was on the edge of my seat throughout.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tough call between France V Denmark and the first England V belgium game but I’m leaning with Spain V Portugal

Xuhaib

International Coach
final was also up there if not a classic but in terms of entertainment value it was very good.