• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Show has to get the call up

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it's the smart move(Tessio was always smarter)

but srsly, Maxwell would maul Broad

Howe_zat

Audio File
Maxwell has spent this first class season being awful in English conditions. Only scored a few in the 50 over lark.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Noted player of quality swing bowling, Glenn Maxwell is waiting for the phone call.

Knowing him, he'd wander out the front door and miss it.

Niall

International Coach
I like Maxwell and do rate him as a test prospect and also agree his batting positions has done him no favours in his brief test career, however having watched Australia implode mainly due to their over aggression , not sure he is the type of player that they need at this moment in time.

You know what, I don't think he clarified. That's probably what the great Warnie meant.
AB bowls seam up mediums - so it won't be off spin.

AB is the best ODI batsman in the world (only challenged by Amla with Sanga's retirement).

AB is one of the best test batsmen in the world. Made even more impressive by the fact he keeps wickets in a lot of tests, making him one of the most valuable fielding batsmen.

Could have been a reference to T20, at best, for batting. Even then AB seems to be a better batsmen higher in the order with more runs and a better average, and Maxwell for lower in the order with a low average but higher SR, so its different playing roles.

The comment may just have been about fielding.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
He'd be ok at the Oval , not going to move much and might spin a bit. In for Voges would be worth a shot, not like the latter is scoring runs is it,

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
He actually said that during the World Cup so I guess he was talking about limited overs cricket. He said something like, I would pick him (Maxwell) over AB in my team. I think it was during the Sri Lanka game.

Flem274*

123/5
god i hope they pick him. has great trolling potential of both lolstraya supporters and opposition fans alike.