• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club Cricket *Offseason 8-9*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pratyush said:
No it is not the same. We are just hastening the process to get in more matches by simming the seasons faster. We are NOT including unrealistic number of matches per season. So that is perfectly okay.
Are you kidding? 26 or so matches per team, is a lot.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
Poppycock is a synonym for "ridiculous". First get your vocabulary straightened. If you're going to accuse me of throwing insults, when I clearly am not, you should refrain from accusing me of a lack of education.
When you bring adjectives to describe a person with who you are arguing a point rather than emphasising on stating the point itself, it shows immaturiy, lack of proper education I repeat.

You are not arguing with a person, you are arguing with a point a person is making. And when you cant differentiate between the two and bring in personal comments on the person, it doesnt reflect highly, doesnt show sarcasm or wit.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
No you hurled an insult to try and win a point. Or tried being sarcastic and failed. I wont go into that.
The fact that you're accusing me of insulting you in a childish remark I made (yes, I accept, it was a childish remark) makes the point aglow that you're clearly not in your senses.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mister Wright said:
Are you kidding? 26 or so matches per team, is a lot.
Take a look at the English FC season. 18 plus many more versus universities etc. Used to be MUCH more in the past. be aware of the history of cricket before making such a remark.

Note - I didnt say you are STUPID or a POPPYCOCK when you made the remark like you did. I didnt resort to saying you ARE NOT IN YOUR SENSES

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
When you bring adjectives to describe a person with who you are arguing a point rather than emphasising on stating the point itself, it shows immaturiy, lack of proper education I repeat.

You are not arguing with a person, you are arguing with a point a person is making. And when you cant differentiate between the two and bring in personal comments on the person, it doesnt reflect highly, doesnt show sarcasm or wit.
Don't get me started on your understanding of grammar.

Sudeep said:
No. Absolutely doesn't. You said we play a Test match in a day, so that we can complete a season faster. You said we're not including unrealistic number of matches in one season. But we're including unrealistic number of seasons in one year. Which is why your agruement is nothing but poppycock.
How in the blue hell is that adjective for you? When it's crystal clear that I used "poppycock" for "your arguement"..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think Pratyush has a point the only overseas players that has played in Australia are Andy Flower and Andy Bilgnaut. But i think that they adressed this by mainly allowing Australian regististed players to play in Australia, well that what Laim said.

The other things like 3 season in one year and 5 day matches taking one day are more practicial things. They don't really think they effect the realism of the game, as doesn't players getting signed up by Australian teams if their Australian.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Take a look at the English FC season. 18 plus many more versus universities etc. Used to be MUCH more in the past. be aware of the history of cricket before making such a remark.

Note - I didnt say you are STUPID or a POPPYCOCK when you made the remark like you did. I didnt resort to saying you ARE NOT IN YOUR SENSES
I didn't say you're poppycock. I said your arguement is poppycock. You seriously need to read what I write MORE CLEARLY!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
They don't play three seasons a year, do they?
Neither do we at CW. We just hasten our seasons. Its not as if we are playing 10 day games or 200 overs one day games which would be unrealistic.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Neither do we at CW. We just hasten our seasons. Its not as if we are playing 10 day games or 200 overs one day games which would be unrealistic.
So we can assume that we can hasten, but not that Australian sides can allow us?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
I didn't say you're poppycock. I said your arguement is poppycock. You seriously need to read what I write MORE CLEARLY!
You did not specifically mention it to be for the arguement. You just typed POPPYCOCK. No one would assume you said the arguement was poppycock.

Sudeep

International Captain
Look, your point is correct. It'd be more realistic your way. But my point is, if we're assuming so much stuff, why not assume more? Last season's Australian domestic cricket we participated in was fantastic. It also resulted in some awesome literary work in the form of diaries, which brought more fun into CW. So why fuss about it?

I've had enough of this.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
You did not specifically mention it to be for the arguement. You just typed POPPYCOCK. No one would assume you said the arguement was poppycock.
OH MY GOD! See an eye doctor right now!

Sudeep said:
Which is why your agruement is nothing but poppycock.
Please someone tell Pratyush what that line means - whether I was criticizing him, or his arguement. Please! Someone! Before he drives me mad!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
So we can assume that we can hasten, but not that Australian sides can allow us?
As I said before, we want to make things as realistic as possible. When we hasten, we dont make it unrealistic as we assume we carry the season faster with faster moving of days in the fantasy competition.

But allowing unrealistic assumptions like say 37 players per side or Australian sides allowing us, but unrealistic to varying degrees, is not on according to me.

I hope you have finally understood the simple point after your wide use of many an adjective the english vocabulary has to offer at me and saying I do not have senses because I expressed a point.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
As I said before, we want to make things as realistic as possible. When we hasten, we dont make it unrealistic as we assume we carry the season faster with faster moving of days in the fantasy competition.

But allowing unrealistic assumptions like say 37 players per side or Australian sides allowing us, but unrealistic to varying degrees, is not on according to me.

I hope you have finally understood the simple point after your wide use of many an adjective the english vocabulary has to offer at me and saying I do not have senses because I expressed a point.
You still don't get my point.

I understood your point from the start. As I said before, the nonsense thing was a childish remark, I even accepted it.

You still won't accept that you accused me incorrectly.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
OH MY GOD! See an eye doctor right now!
Yes :)

Okay but you hurled other adjectives at me and not my arguement which isnt the best way to state your point.

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:

And I still stand by my comment that hastening is unrealistic. If you think about it technically, which you're doing in the Australian case.

But as I said, I've had enough of this.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sudeep said:
But as I said, I've had enough of this.
I had enough of this yesterday. But you kept bringing it up even though you understood it in the beginning as you say.

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
Pratyush said:
Yes :)

Okay but you hurled other adjectives at me and not my arguement which isnt the best way to state your point.
When? Quote me. Except for the comment I made to Liam's quote, which was just a childish remark a) to not tense Liam up, since he already said last few days have been pretty much like that and b) to indicate you that you're getting too serious with the arguement.

Status
Not open for further replies.